full name: Da’mon Marquel Blackshear
fight name: Da Monster
residence: Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
weight division: bantamweight
current promotion: UFC
pro MMA record: 12-5-1
Da’mon Marquel Blackshear is a professional mixed martial artist fighting out of Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States. Aside from Fayetteville, he has lived in other parts of North Carolina including Raeford.
Blackshear is 5’10” tall and he competes in the bantamweight division. His fight name is Da Monster.
As an amateur MMA fighter, Blackshear defeated Shelton Sales and Tony Gravely in 2014 and James Ronsick, Tyson Southern, Michael Clippinger and Thomas Blair in 2015. Also in 2015, Blackshear lost to Gravely in their rematch as amateur MMA fighters.
On February 20, 2016, Blackshear defeated Charleston Pou at “Conflict MMA 35” in Augusta, Georgia, USA. It was Blackshear’s last amateur MMA bout.
Currently, Blackshear is signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, which is based in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Here are 13 more things about him:
- On March 26, 2016, he made his professional MMA debut at the Rich Dambakly MMA event “Battle in the South 12” in Wilmington, North Carolina where he submitted Kenny Hill via triangle choke. On August 20, 2016, he submitted James Brown via rear-naked choke at “RGMMA: Battle in the South 13” in Wilmington.
- In 2017, he defeated Jeremiah Scott and Aalon Cruz before losing to Keith Richardson.
- He defeated Aaron Lacey on June 16, 2018 and Chris Wright on September 22, 2018 but lost to Kris Moutinho on August 3, 2018 and Pat Sabatini on December 14, 2018.
- On October 25, 2019, he submitted Kody Nordby via arm-triangle choke at “CES MMA 59” in Lincoln, Rhode Island, USA.
- On October 15, 2020, he submitted Mike Kimbel via rear-naked choke at “Bellator 249” in Uncasville, Connecticut, USA.
- On February 12, 2021, he lost to Danny Sabatello via unanimous decision at “Titan FC 67” in Miami, Florida, USA.
- On April 30, 2021, he submitted Joseph Penafiel via guillotine choke at “CES MMA 62” in Orlando, Florida.
- On August 14, 2021, he defeated Mateo Alejandro Vogel via unanimous decision at “CFFC 99” in Tunica, Mississippi, USA.
- On November 19, 2021, he submitted Deandre Anderson via rear-naked choke when they competed for the then vacant CFFC bantamweight championship title at “CFFC 103” in Tunica.
- On May 14, 2022, he submitted Josh Smith via rear-naked choke at “CFFC 108” in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- On August 13, 2022, he made his UFC debut at “UFC on ESPN 41” in San Diego, California, USA where he fought Youssef Zalal. It ended in a majority draw.
- In February 2023, he trained at Jackson Wink MMA Academy in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA.
- He was 28 years old when he lost to Farid Basharat via unanimous decision at “UFC 285” on March 4, 2023 in Enterprise, Nevada, which downgraded his professional MMA record to 12 wins, 5 losses and 1 draw.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »