Peter Karasev is an alumnus of the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. He is originally from Moscow, Russia.
Karasev lives in San Jose, California, USA with his wife and their three children. Here are 13 more things about him:
- From 2005 to 2006, he was an engineering intern Agilent Technologies in Westlake Village, California.
- In 2009, he earned his master’s degree in electrical and computer engineering from Georgia Tech.
- From April 2012 to August 2012, he was a visiting research and development engineer at Industrial Perception, Inc. in Palo Alto, California.
- In 2013, he earned his Ph.D. in computer engineering from Georgia Tech. From April 2013 to June 2015, he worked at Agilent Technologies as an R&D software engineer.
- From July 2015 to November 2016, he was a lead software and electronics engineer at MiTus in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- From December 2016 to April 2018, he was a lead R&D software engineer at Keysight Technologies in Atlanta.
- In 2017, his wife gave birth to their first child.
- From April 2018 to August 2022, he was a senior software engineer at Toyota Research Institute in Los Altos, California.
- In 2019, his wife gave birth to their second child.
- In 2021, his wife gave birth to their third child.
- In August 2022, he joined Zoox in Foster City, California as a senior machine learning engineer.
- He is connected to an explosion of a Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) property in Chico, California on December 8, 2022 and another explosion in a PG&E equipment box in San Jose on January 5, 2023, according to the San Jose Police Department. On March 1, 2023, he was arrested at his home in San Jose where large amount of explosive material and dangerous chemicals used to manufacture illegal drugs were found.
- He was 36 years old when he made his first court appearance on March 3, 2023. He was charged with arson, interfering with electrical lines and endangering his children who live in the home that contained explosive materials. He was ordered to be held without bail and to return in court on April 26, 2023.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
6 replies »