full name: Chris Duncan
fight name: The Problem
residence: Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
weight division: lightweight
current promotion: UFC
pro MMA record: 10-1
Chris Duncan is a Scottish professional mixed martial artist nicknamed The Problem. He is 5’10 tall and he competes in the lightweight division.
Born in Stirlingshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, Duncan was a shepherd before he became an MMA fighter. He carries a pendant on a chain with the fingerprint and the wedding ring of his late mother Elaine Duncan.
When Chris was young, Elaine would sneak him into boxing classes against the wishes of his grandparents. In 2013, Chris moved to Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland.
As an amateur MMA fighter, Duncan defeated Chrissy Morton in 2014, Graham Russell in 2015, Kieran Connor, John Ross and Makinde Adeyemi in 2016 and Lukasz Szarafiniak, Andy Nunn and Alexander O’Sullivan in 2017. Also in 2014, he lost to Jack Pearce in an amateur MMA bout.
Currently, Duncan is signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, which is based in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- On the day of the weigh-in of his amateur MMA fight booked for April 20, 2014 in Stirling, Stirlingshire, he was told that his mother had been murdered. He went on with the fight and defeated Morton via technical knockout via punches.
- On April 7, 2018, he made his professional MMA debut at a Unity Fighting Championship event held in Darlington, England, U.K. where he submitted Pietro Colonna via guillotine choke.
- On June 2, 2018, he defeated Steven Moore via technical knockout via punches at “On Top – Showdown” in Linwood, Scottland.
- On November 17, 2018, he defeated Niall Smith via technical knockout at “On Top – 21” in Linwood.
- On February 23, 2019, he made his Bellator MMA debut at “Bellator 217” in Dublin, Ireland where he defeated Sam Slater via technical knockout via punches.
- On August 4, 2019, he defeated Leandro Souza via technical knockout at “Ultimate Fight League 3” in Musselburgh, Scotland.
- On February 22, 2020, he defeated Mateusz Piskorz via technical knockout via punches at “Bellator 240” in Dublin.
- On October 1, 2020, he defeated Iamik Furtado via technical knockout via punches at “Bellator 247” in Milan, Italy.
- On October 12, 2021, he was knocked out via punch by Viacheslav Borshchev at “Dana White’s Contender Series 2021” Week 7 in Enterprise, Nevada.
- On February 5, 2022, he defeated Jonathan Carlos via unanimous decision at “Ultimate Fight League” in London, England.
- On August 2, 2022, he knocked out Charlie Campbell via punches at “Dana White’s Contender Series 2022” Week 2 in Enterprise.
- On February 23, 2023, he trained with Raush Manfio at American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Florida, USA.
- He was 29 years old when he made his official UFC debut on March 18, 2023 at “UFC 286” in London where he defeated Omar Morales via split decision, which improved his professional MMA record to 10 wins and 1 loss.
Categories: biographical data, Europe, Great Britain, LISTS, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 replies »