Melissa Anne Kohberger is originally from Pennsylvania, United States. She grew up in a small rural town where she always felt a little bit different and because of this experience, she developed an ability to hold space for people who feel isolated or lost, which contributed to her decision to pursue therapy.
As a counselor, Kohberger is an expert in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), emotion regulation and career counseling. Among the issues she treats are adjustment disorder, anger issue, anxiety, child issues, chronic pain or illness, job stress, life transitions and personality disorders.
Kohberger loves Halloween, oddities and “anything that’s a little bit spooky”, according to her. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lives in Jersey City, New Jersey, USA and works as a licensed associate counselor in Ewing, New Jersey. She is a therapist practicing under the supervision of Nicole Cowan and a member of the Resilience Lab mental health collective.
- When she is not working with clients, she enjoys writing and learning about history in her spare time.
- She has lived in different parts of Pennsylvania including Albrightsville and Effort.
- She previously lived in New York City, New York, USA.
- Her mental health career began at an addiction treatment facility in Brooklyn, New York City. After that, she moved into a community mental health setting, where she worked with children, teens and adults experiencing trauma, mood, personality and substance use disorders.
- She earned her master’s degree from Centenary University in Hackettstown, New Jersey.
- She is one of the three children of Michael Kohberger and MaryAnn Kohberger, who live Indian Mountain Lake, a gated community in Chestnuthill Township, Pennsylvania.
- She is 3 years younger than her sister Amanda Kohberger.
- In 1994, her younger brother Bryan Christopher Kohberger was born.
- Her parents filed for bankruptcy in 1995 and in 2010.
- On May 24, 2022, Salvador Ramos fatally shot 19 students and two teachers and wounded seventeen others at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, USA. Later that day, she wrote a poem that says, “Bereft of their laughter, there is now not a sound as we lower our children into the ground, small hands and feet buried six feet deep into the earth of the world that failed them.”
- Her mother shared the poem she wrote on May 24, 2022 in a letter to the editor published on June 2, 2022 in The Pocono Record.
- She was 31 years old when her brother Bryan was arrested on December 30, 2022. On March 26, 2023, News Nation Now reported that she and Amanda were fired from their respective jobs after Bryan’s arrest.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Shame on Resilience Lab Mental Health Collective. This action demonstrates a red flag for current Clients, future Clients, and Staff. Resilience Lab Mental Health Collective is not an emotionally safe space. I will not recommend you to anyone. I am part of the Criminal Justice Field and the Paralegal Field. I recommend in Hunterdon County, Flemington New Jersey Dr. Jay Kuris; …. Dr. Jay Kuris Mentored me when I, was deciding if I wanted to Major in Criminal Justice.