Lydell Ellliott Grant is a black man from Texas, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He is a resident of Houston, Texas.
- Aside from Houston, he has lived in other parts of Texas including Stafford and Missouri City.
- He is Donna Poe‘s son.
- He was accused of fatally stabbing Aaron Scheerhoorn, 28, on December 10, 2010 outside of Blur Bar in Montrose, Houston.
- In December 2012, he was convicted in a trial in Harris County, Texas for Scheerhoorn’s death and sentenced to life in prison.
- Representing him, the Innocence Project of Texas approached the Office of Harris County District to re-test the deoxyribonucleic acid found under Scheerhoorn’s fingernails.
- In November 2019, he was released from prison on $100,000 bond after new DNA evidence linked Scheerhoorn’s murder to Jermarico Carter, then 41, of Georgia, USA, who was arrested in December 2019.
- On May 19, 2021, he received a ruling that officially declared him innocent by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in relation to Scheerhoorn’s murder.
- On April 6, 2023, his white Lexus sedan was struck by the Toyota Yaris driven by Edwin Arevalo, 33. He allegedly got out his car, fatally shot Arevalo and fled in his car.
- He was 46 years old when he was arrested on April 7, 2023. He was charged with the murder of Arevalo.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
Leave a Reply