Joseph Orgill Jr. was a resident of Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was the only son of Joseph Orgill Sr. and Adele Kendrick Orgill.
- He was 5 years younger than his sister also named Adele Kendrick Orgill.
- He was 3 years younger than her sister Florence Orgill.
- He was 4 years older than his wife Kate Bond Smith Orgill.
- In June 1929, he and Kate got married in Hardeman County, Tennessee.
- On December 12, 1929, his father died in Memphis at the age of 63.
- In 1932, Kate gave birth to their daughter, who died as an infant.
- In 1938, Kate birth to their son Joseph Orgill III in Memphis. Joseph III and Irene Leatherman Orgill have four daughters namely Adele Orgill, Irene Orgill, Anne Orgill and Kate Orgill.
- In 1944, Kate gave birth to their daughter also named Kate Orgill.
- In 1955, he became the president of Orgill Brothers & Co, a hardware firm founded in 1847 and based in Collierville, Shelby County, replacing his cousin Edmund Orgill. His daughter Kate’s husband James Elton Boone worked for the company as an accountant.
- On January 4, 1956, his mother died in Memphis at the age of 81.
- In 1968, he retired and his son Joseph III became the new Orgill Brothers & Co. president. In 1970, his daughter Kate gave birth to Joseph Orgill Boone.
- On January 12, 1980, he died at the age of 76.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »