Walter Martin Schnackenberg was a native of Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States. He was a U.S. Army veteran and he enjoyed a long career with General Electric Company.
Schnackenberg was a member of the Republican National Committee. He and his wife Mary Lou Kiah Schnackenberg enjoyed traveling throughout not only the U.S. but also Europe and the Caribbean.
Walter and Mary Lou have one son and three daughters. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Brooklyn to August Schnackenberg and Marie Ficken Schnackenberg. His brother Rudolf Schnackenberg is based in Wappinger Falls, Dutchess County, New York.
- He has eight grandchildren namely Angela Bruzzi, Paul James Bruzzi, Nicholas Bruzzi, Jody Phillips, Jesse Phillips, Jayme Phillips, Etta Lee Schnackenberg and Sophia Laurin Schnackenberg.
- In 1950, he graduated from high school in Shrub Oak, Westchester County, New York.
- He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War, which lasted from 1950 to 1953.
- In 1954, he graduated from the State University of New York in New York with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. From 1954 to 1956, he was a U.S. Army corporal. He later became a radar instructor.
- On September 19, 1958, he and Mary Lou got married in Santa Maria, California, USA.
- In 1959, Mary Lou gave birth to their daughter Helen Marie Schnackenberg.
- In 1960, Mary Lou gave birth to their daughter Anna M. Schnackenberg.
- In 1964, Mary Lou gave birth to their daughter Katarina M. Schnackenberg.
- In 1969, Mary Lou gave birth to their son Walter M. “Chip” Schnackenberg II.
- In 1975, he moved to Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA.
- In 1993, he retired from General Electric Company.
- On May 26, 2009, he died at age 76 at his home in Pittsfield.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
1 reply »