Audrey Christine Burnette Hale was a native of Tennessee, United States. She worked as a teacher in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee.
Audrey has two younger brothers namely Arthur Gaines Burnette and Douglas Dale Burnette and four younger sisters namely Emily Rozelle Burnette Walker, Alma Burnette, Sammie V. Burnette Lavin and Clemmie Elizabeth Burnette. Walker was married to Jack M. Walker while Lavin was married to Thomas J. Lavin.
Born in Antioch, Davidson County, Tennessee, Audrey was the eldest among the seven children of Samuel Young Burnette and Beulah Bowman Burnette. Here are 13 more things about Audrey:
- She was 10 months younger than her husband Henry Edwin Hale. They have one daughter and two sons together.
- In 1950, she gave birth to Susan Hale. Susan married William “Sonny” Meadows.
- In 1952, she and Henry bought a house in Nashville.
- In 1955, she gave birth to Kenneth Samuel Hale. He married Lorinda Hale.
- In 1958, she gave birth to Ronald E. Hale. He married Norma Fort Hale.
- On August 22, 1957, her father died from pneumonia at age 76 at the Goodall Clinic in Smyrna, Rutherford County, Tennessee.
- In 1972, she retired from the Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools to take care of Henry, who was diagnosed with brain cancer. On December 13, 1972, he died in the hospital in Nashville at age 57.
- On September 10, 1982, her mother died in Nashville at age 90.
- On December 19, 1984, her brother Arthur died in Nashville at age 68.
- On June 28, 2006, her sister Clemmie died at age 82.
- On August 5, 2008, her sister Alma died at age 88.
- On November 19, 2010, her sister Sammie died in Sherman, Sangamon County, Illinois, USA.
- On June 13, 2012, she died in Green Hills, Nashville at age 96.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
2 replies »