Professionally known as Paul Walker, Paul William Walker IV, was a Hollywood actor from California, United States. He is best known for playing Brian O’Conner in “Fast & Furious” films.
Walker was 6’2″ tall. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Glendale, California to former amateur boxer Paul William Walker III and fashion model Cheryl Crabtree Walker. He has two younger brothers namely Caleb Walker and Cody Walker and two younger sisters namely Aimee Walker and Ashlie Walker.
- In 1984, he appeared in a Showbiz Pizza commercial.
- He played Todd Bryant/Eric Travers in “Highway to Heaven” from 1985 to 1986 and Jeremy Beatty in “Throb” from 1986 to 1987. In 1986, he made his film debut by playing Professor Bennett in “Monster in the Closet.”
- In 1991, he graduated from Village Christian School in Sun Valley, California.
- From 1992 to 1993, he played Brandon Collins in “The Young and the Restless.”
- On November 4, 1998, his then girlfriend Rebecca Soteros gave birth to their daughter Meadow Rain Walker.
- He tried weight lifting when he was shooting “Varsity Blues,” which was released in 1999. Also in 1999, he appeared in the films “She’s All That” and “Brokedown Palace.”
- He appeared in the respective music videos of “Wrong Thing Right Then” by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones in 1997, “Furious” by Ja Rule, Vita and O1 in 2001 and “Act a Fool” by Ludacris in 2003. Ludacris played Tej Parker in “2 Fast 2 Furious” in 2003, “Fast Five” in 2011 and “Fast & Furious 6” in 2013.
- His “Fast & Furious” character appeared in “The Fast and the Furious” in 2001, “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Fast & Furious” in 2009, “Fast Five” and “Fast & Furious 6.” Among his co-stars are Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster.
- In 2006, he joined the board of directors of The Billfish Foundation. In the same year, he starred in the films “Eight Below,” “Running Scared” and “Flags of Our Fathers.”
- In response to the earthquake in Haiti in January 2010, he and pro-am racer and financial adviser Roger Rodas founded the humanitarian aid nonprofit charity Reach Out Worldwide (ROWW). Rodas was also the chief executive officer of Always Evolving, a high-end vehicle performance shop that he owned and was based in Valencia, Santa Clarita, California.
- In 2012, he founded Laguna Ridge Pictures. The film production company signed a first-look deal with Universal Pictures, which distributes “Fast & Furious.”
- On November 30, 2013, he and Rodas attended a ROWW event for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines from November 3-11, 2013. They left the event in his 2005 Porsche Carrera GT with him in the passenger’s seat and Rodas driving. The car crashed into a concrete lamp post and two trees in Valencia, killing them both. He died at the age of 40.