Many boxing fans took to social to rally around Manny Pacquiao, 38, after the Filipino boxing legend lost to Jeff Horn, 29, via unanimous decision at “Battle of Brisbane” on July 2, Sunday, in Australia. Here are 10 celebrity sports stars who tweeted their protest against the result:
1. Lennox Lewis, 51, called the result wrong in his tweet.
Lewis is a retired professional boxer. He is a three-time world heavyweight champion and is still the last heavyweight to hold the undisputed title.
2. Guillermo Rigondeaux, 36, declared Pacquiao as the winner in his tweet.
Rigondeaux is an undefeated boxer from Cuba. Like Horn, his current record is 17 wins and 0 loss.
3. Mark Diakese, 24, tweeted that Pacquiao was robbed.
Diakese is an undefeated UFC fighter currently competing in the lightweight division. He holds a record of 12 wins and 0 loss.
4. Kobe Bryant, 38, tweeted a GIF of O’Shea Jackson, 48, who is professionally known as Ice Cube, looking shocked and confused.
Bryant is a retired NBA player who played for the Los Angeles Lakers from 1996 to 2016. He also had a short stint as a rapper.
5. Chauncey Billups, 40, tweeted that Pacquiao was robbed.
Billups is a retired NBA player. He played for the Boston Celtics, the Toronto Raptors, the Denver Nuggets, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Detroit Pistons, the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers.
6. Mike Miller, 37, questioned how Horn won via unanimous decision in his tweet.
Miller is an NBA player who has been a shooting guard of the Denver Nuggets since 2015. He previously played for the Orlando Magic, the Memphis Grizzlies, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Washington Wizards, the Miami Heat, the Memphis Grizzlies and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
7. Dion Waiters, 25, also tweeted that Pacquiao was robbed.
Waiters is an NBA player who is currently a shooting guard of Miami Heat. He played for the Cleveland Cavaliers from 2012 to 2015 and for Oklahoma City Thunder from 2016 to 2016.
8. Deion Sanders, 49, tweeted to Pacquiao praising him for the classy way he handled the loss.
Sanders is a retired NFL player. He played for the Atlanta Falcons, the San Francisco 49ers, the Dallas Cowboys, the Washington Reskins and the Baltimore Ravens.
9. Aaron Rodgers, 33, slammed the scorecards in his tweet.
Rodgers is an NFL player. He has been playing as a quarterback for the Green Bay Packers since 2005.
10. Junior Galette, 29, tweeted that this is the second time Pacquiao was robbed implying that the Filipino’s loss to Bradley in 2012 was also robbery.
Galette is an NFL player who has been an outside linebacker for the Washington Redskins since 2015. He played for the New Orleans Saints from 2010 to 2014.
(photo from Facebook/Jeff Horn)
Do you think Jeff Horn deserved his win over Manny Pacquiao? Let us know by commenting below: