The Philippine Football Federation (PFF) has called-up seven Davao Aguilas Football Club (DAFC) players for the AFC U23 Championship China 2018 Qualifiers – Group J, set to take place from July 19-23, 2017, in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Here is the list:
- Junell Mark Bautista
- Jaime Vicenzo Cheng
- Dylan Alain Lucienne de Bruycker
- Rey Franco Miguel de la Torre
- Van Rey Diaz
- Jordan Blair Jarvis
- Richard Talaroc Jr.
Five of the seven players flew from Japan for the training camp arranged by the PFF along with Japan Football Association. De Bruycker and Jarvis, a newly signed former Ateneo player and UAAP Rookie of the Year, came from Cebu, fresh from the Davao Aguilas FC-Global Cebu FC match, which ended with a result of 0-0.
Davao Aguilas FC Chairman Jefferson Cheng called it a “proud moment” for their club with seven players called up to the National Team U22. The AFC Under-23 Championship 2018 will serve as a preparation for the 29th Southeast Asian Games which begins next month.
The Philippines are in Group J, along with Japan, China PR and Cambodia. The schedule of matches are as follows:
- July 19, 2017: Japan vs Philippines – 3:30 PM Local time (4:30 PM Manila time)
- July 21, 2017: Philippines vs China PR – 3:30 PM Local time (4:30 PM Manila time)
- July 23, 2017: Cambodia vs Philippines – 6:30 PM Local time (7:30 PM Manila time)
For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/DAFCofficial.