Brave Combat Federation hosted the official weigh-ins for “Brave 11” at the Ouro Minas Palace Hotel. Brave Combat Federation president Mohammed “The Hawk” Shahid and Brazilian mixed martial arts legend and pioneer Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva presided at the public event.
Currently signed with Bellator MMA and Rizin Fighting Federation, Silva used to compete in Pride Fighting Championships and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). While he was born in Curritaba, Brazil, he is fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada.
On the other hand, Shahid competed in India-based MMA promotions Super Fight League and BodyForce MMA from 2012 to 2015. He is the first MMA fighter from Bahrain to compete internationally and the first Middle Eastern to headline an international MMA event.
While most contenders on the “Brave 11” fight card are Brazilian, it also features Middle Eastern superstars Georges Bardawil and Ahmed Amir. It will be Bardawil and Amir’s first time to fight in Brazil.
Also features on the card are nine-time International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (IBJJF) World Champion Bruno Malfacine and veteran MMA fighter Gesias Cavalcante. Moreover, Klidson Farias de Abreau will become the first champion from Brazil to defend his championship title against Matt Baker from Canada in the light heavyweight division.
The “Brave 11” weigh-ins were conducted after performing the mandatory examinations to evaluate the fitness of the competing fighters including magnetic resonance imaging of skull and magnetic resonance angiography. Every fighter who made it to the final fight card had cleared the weigh-ins followed by the face-offs.
The fight night marks some of the much awaited moments for MMA in Brazil as the event marks the first time two Brazilian fighters are featured in the championship bout in Brave CF. Lucas Martins will clash with Luan Santiago for the interim lightweight championship.
“Brave 11” will also feature a women’s strawweight bout for the first time in the promotion’s history in Brazil. The fight night will take place at Terrace, Mineirao Stadium at Belo Horizonte, Brazil from 8 PM UTC-3 on April 13, 2018.
Here is the full “Brave 11” fight card:
- Luan Santiago vs. Lucas Martins (Interim Lightweight Championship)
- Klidson de Abreu (C) vs. Matt Baker (Light Heavyweight Championship)
- Erivan Pereira vs. Gesias Cavalcante (Lightweight)
- Bruno Malfacine vs. Rafael Pereira (Flyweight)
- Cleiton Silva vs. Ahmed Amir (Lightweight)
- Carlos Souza vs. Georges Bardawil (Bantamweight)
- Douglas Carvalho vs. Bruno Assis (Middleweight)
- Marcel Adur vs. Fernando Lourenço (Flyweight)
- Marcos Conrado Jr. vs. Joaquim Ferreira (Light Heavyweight)
- Alessandro Gambulino vs. Rodrigo Cavalheiro (Welterweight)
- Elaine Leal vs. Luana Pinheiro (Women’s Strawweight)
- Arnold Quero vs. Caio Gregório (Featherweight)
Here is the “Brave 11” teaser: