ONE Championship, the largest global sports media property in Asian history, has just launched a league called ONE Super Series, which is exclusive to striking martial arts. The new league made its debut at “ONE: Heroes of Honor” on April 20, 2018 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
ONE Super Series will eventually have its standalone event, according to ONE Championship chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong. But for now, the striking bouts of the new league will be mixed with the mixed martial arts bouts like on the “ONE: Heroes of Honor” fight card.
The second of the four ONE Super Series bouts was a Muay Thai bout between Elliot Compton of Australia and Cosmo Alexandre of Brazil. They competed in the lightweight division.
Alexandre left a lasting impression in his ONE Super Series debut, defeating Compton in their Muay Thai clash by way of second round knockout. The long-limbed Brazilian dynamo aced his maiden ONE Super Series assignment with flying colors, bringing down Compton with a shattering uppercut and a follow-up knee strike to the body.
Compton failed to answer the count of 10, compelling referee Atsushi Onari to wave off the bout, declaring Alexandre the victor via knockout in the second round. Here are the official “ONE: Heroes of Honor” results:
- Bantamweight bout: Kevin Belingon defeats Andrew Leone by TKO (Strikes) at 1:27 minutes of round 2
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing catchweight bout (70.0kg): Giorgio Petrosyan defeats Jo Nattawut by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Honorio Banario defeats Adrian Pang by Split Decision (SD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai catchweight bout (67.0kg): Nong-O Gaiyanghadao defeats Fabio Pinca by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Featherweight bout: Marat Gafurov defeats Emilio Urrutia by Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) at 2:34 minutes of round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Dae Hwan Kim defeats Masakazu Imanari by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai lightweight bout: Cosmo Alexandre defeats Elliot Compton by Knockout (KO) at 2:41 minutes of round 2
- Catchweight bout (63.0kg): Akihiro Fujisawa defeats Kaji Ebin by Submission (Verbal) at 1:48 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing catchweight bout (78.0kg): Regian Eersel defeats Brad Riddell by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Women’s atomweight bout: Gina Iniong defeats Jenny Huang by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Strawweight bout: Adrian Mattheis defeats Lan Ming Qiang by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
Here is a clip from the ONE Super Series bout between Compton and Alexandre at “ONE: Heroes of Honor” in the Philippines:
In case you missed the action log on to www.onefc.com/livestream for the full replay of the fights at only US $9.99.