ONE Championship, the largest global sports media property in Asian history, has just launched a league called ONE Super Series, which is exclusive to striking martial arts. The new league made its debut at “ONE: Heroes of Honor” on April 20, 2018 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
ONE Super Series will eventually have its standalone event, according to ONE Championship chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong. But for now, the striking bouts of the new league will be mixed with the mixed martial arts bouts like on the “ONE: Heroes of Honor” fight card.
Only one out of the 11 bouts was between female fighters. Representing Team Lakay, Gina “Conviction” Iniong of Baguio City, Philippines competed against former world title contender Jenny “Lady GoGo” Huang of Taipei, Taiwan.
After falling short in her last outing, Iniong redeemed herself in front of a passionate hometown crowd, claiming a unanimous decision victory over Huang. The Team Lakay fighter savored every strike that she threw at Huang as the Taiwanese fighter gallantly traded shots with the highly-decorated Filipina wushu practitioner.
Huang tried to change the complexion of the contest in the second round as she resorted to her grappling expertise, but Iniong surprisingly overpowered the submission specialist on the mat. In the final round, Iniong continued to wear out Huang on the ground, working her way towards a hard-earned decision victory.
Here are the official “ONE: Heroes of Honor” results:
- Bantamweight bout: Kevin Belingon defeats Andrew Leone by TKO (Strikes) at 1:27 minutes of round 2
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing catchweight bout (70.0kg): Giorgio Petrosyan defeats Jo Nattawut by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Honorio Banario defeats Adrian Pang by Split Decision (SD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai catchweight bout (67.0kg): Nong-O Gaiyanghadao defeats Fabio Pinca by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Featherweight bout: Marat Gafurov defeats Emilio Urrutia by Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) at 2:34 minutes of round 1
- Bantamweight bout: Dae Hwan Kim defeats Masakazu Imanari by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai lightweight bout: Cosmo Alexandre defeats Elliot Compton by Knockout (KO) at 2:41 minutes of round 2
- Catchweight bout (63.0kg): Akihiro Fujisawa defeats Kaji Ebin by Submission (Verbal) at 1:48 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing catchweight bout (78.0kg): Regian Eersel defeats Brad Riddell by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Women’s atomweight bout: Gina Iniong defeats Jenny Huang by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Strawweight bout: Adrian Mattheis defeats Lan Ming Qiang by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
Watch the bout between Iniong and Huang at “ONE: Heroes of Honor” here:
In case you missed the action log on to www.onefc.com/livestream for the full replay of the fights at only US $9.99.