On May 12, 2018, ONE Championship crowned a new but old champion at the Jakarta Convention Center in Jakarta, Indonesia. Like in the previous events of the promotion in 2018, ONE Super Series bouts and mixed martial arts matches were intertwined at “ONE: Grit and Glory.”
The first match in the main card was a catchweight contest between Tetsuya Yamada of Japan and finishing veteran martial artist Eric “The Natural” Kelly of the Philippines. The Japanese contender claimed victory inside the ONE Championship cage, finishing his Filipino opponent by first round submission.
Yamada traded strikes with Kelly to begin the match, and waited for the perfect time to take his opponent to the ground. On the mat, Yamada quickly took Kelly’s back and locked in the rear naked choke to force the tap.
In the main event, Yoshitaka Naito of Japan scored a close split decision victory over Alex Silva of Brazil to capture the ONE Strawweight World Championship for the second time in his career. Here are the official “ONE: Grit and Glory” results:
- ONE Strawweight World Championship bout: Yoshitaka Naito defeats Alex Silva by Split Decision (SD) after 5 rounds
- Strawweight bout: Stefer Rahardian defeats Himanshu Kaushik by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:25 minutes of round 1
- Middleweight bout: Leandro Ataides defeats Vitaly Bigdash by TKO (Strikes) at 2:41 minutes of round 3
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing catchweight bout (95kg): Sergej Maslobojev defeats Antonio Plazibat by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Women’s atomweight bout: Priscilla Hertati Lumban Gaol defeats Rome Trinidad by Submission (Guillotine) at 2:27 minutes of round 1
- Featherweight bout: Sor Sey defeats Victorio Senduk by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Catchweight bout (72.0kg): Tetsuya Yamada defeats Eric Kelly by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:00 minutes of round 1
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai bantamweight bout: Ognjen Topic defeats Stergos Mikkios by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Bantamweight bout: Radeem Rahman defeats Tang De Pan by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:19 minutes of round 1
- Flyweight bout: Elipitua Siregar defeats Dodi Mardian by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:59 minutes of round 1
- Strawweight bout: Riski Umar defeats Doan Birawa by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:22 minutes of round 2