18 May 2018 – Singapore: The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), hosted another memorable and historic evening in its home-base of Singapore as the capacity crowd at the Singapore Indoor Stadium witnessed an amazing display of heart-pounding martial arts action. “ONE: Unstoppable Dreams” featured a series of compelling bouts, punctuated by three unforgettable championship clashes that left fans on the edge of their seats.
In the fifth bout of the evening, Singaporean lightweight contender Amir Khan placed himself back on the winning track by routing Sung Jong Lee of South Korea via second-round technical knockout victory. Both men gave fans a spirited effort, which featured a healthy stream of action from both corners.
Momentum started to shift into Khan’s favor in the dying moments of the opening stanza, as he caught Lee with a two-punch combination. Showcasing tremendous power with every strike, Khan stalked for the finish in the second round as Lee gasped for air due to exhaustion.
Seeing an opportunity, Khan swarmed on Lee with a heavy downpour of punches, forcing referee Yuji Shimada to wave it off and award the win to the Singaporean standout. Here are the official “ONE: Unstoppable Dreams” results:
- ONE Women’s Atomweight World Championship bout: Angela Lee defeats Mei Yamaguchi by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 5 rounds
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai Flyweight World Championship bout: Sam-A Gaiyanghadao defeats Sergio Wielzen by Knockout (KO) at 2:47 minutes of round 4
- ONE Featherweight World Championship bout: Martin Nguyen defeats Christian Lee by Split Decision (SD) after 5 rounds
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing catchweight bout (72.5kg): Yodsanklai IWE Fairtex defeats Chris Ngimbi by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Shinya Aoki defeats by Rasul Yakhyaev Submission (Triangle Choke) at 3:15 minutes of round 1
- Lightweight bout: Eduard Folayang defeats Kharun Atlangeriev by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Lightweight bout: Amir Khan defeats Sung Jong Lee by TKO (Strikes) at 3:39 minutes of round 2
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai flyweight bout: Singtongnoi Por Telakun defeats Joseph Lasiri by TKO (Strikes) at 2:36 minutes of round 2
- Featherweight bout: Xie Chao defeats Meas Meul TKO (Strikes) at 1:10 minutes of round 3
- Bantamweight bout: Xie Bin defeats Huang Shi Hao by TKO (Corner Stoppage) at 2:26 minutes of round 2
- Bantamweight bout: Sunoto defeats Roel Rosauro by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds