On June 9, 2018, Brave Combat Federation Bantamweight Champion Stephen “The Sniper” Loman, 23, successfully defended his belt from Frans “The Black Mamba” Mlambo, 27, at “Brave 13: Europe Evolution” at the SSE arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The reigning champion won via unanimous decision.
The bout between Loman and Mlambo was a rematch. It was a five-round match witnessed by celebrity athletes including Conor “Notorious” McGregor, 29, and Amir Khan, 31.
Representing Team Lakay of Baguio City, Philippines, Loman made history as the youngest and the only Filipino fighter to have defended his championship title in Europe. It also marked the second time Mlambo, who had McGregor watching from the sidelines, lost to the Team Lakay fighter.
Like McGregor, Mlambo is fighting out of Straight Blast Gym (SBG) Ireland. Loman’s first victory over Mlambo, which took place in Bahrain on September 23, 2016 at “Brave 1: The Beginning,” was also via unanimous decision.
On Loman’s corner was his fellow Team Lakay fighter, former ONE Featherweight World Champion Honorio “The Rock” Banario, 28. The reigning Brave CF Bantamweight Champion’s mother Naty Nabehet Loman also watched the action from the sidelines.
With 2 matches cancelled, “Brave 13: Europe Evolution” featured 12 bouts in total. Here are the official results:
- Aidan James defeated Tommy Martin by TKO in Round 3
- Sam Slater defeated Piotr Tokarski by unanimous decision
- Benjamin Bennett defeated Sebastian Kozok by doctor stoppage in Round 1
- Konrad Iwanowski defeated Glenn Irwine by submission in Round 1
- Chad Hanekom defeats Dominic McConnell by submission in Round 1
- Cian Cowley defeated Oktawian Olejniczak by KO in Round 2
- Erick Carlos Silva defeated Erik Carlsson by unanimous decision
- Zach Zane defeated Declan Dalton by unanimous decision
- Bryan Creighton defeated Andy Young by submission in Round 2
- Rodrigo Cavalheiro defeated Karl Amoussou by knockout in Round 2
- Norman Parke defeated Myles Price by unanimous decision
- Stephen Loman defeated Frans Mlambo by unanimous decision