06 August 2018 – Shanghai, China: The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), has just announced the complete card for “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” which is set for September 8, 2018 at the Baoshan Arena in Shanghai, China. It will feature 10 bouts including a match between “Rock Man” Chen Lei, 29, of Changde, Hunan, China and “Jungle Cat” Muhammad Aiman, 23, of Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.
Chen is a Shanghai Open BJJ Champion who first started his martial arts journey by training in boxing and Muay Thai before switching his focus to mixed martial arts. After developing his ground game, he won a regional BJJ championship in Shanghai.
Training out of Equilibrium Beijing, Chen has since amassed a perfect professional MMA record of 8 wins and 0 loss. This includes an impressive promotional run of three stoppage wins in 2017, when he defeated Filipino MMA star Burn “Hitman” Soriano, 31, Malaysian Muay Thai star Saiful “The Vampire” Merican, 29, and Indonesian grappling champion Jeremy “Predator” Meciaz, 26.
On the other hand, Aiman is riding a two-bout winning streak. He is a former Malaysian Invasion Mixed Martial Arts (MIMMA) Featherweight Champion.
Aiman grew up in cities all around Malaysia due to his parents’ careers. At the age of 16, he picked up boxing, which proved to be the beginning of a fruitful martial arts journey that continues to this day.
Having conquered the Malaysian amateur scene, Aiman set his sights on international glory as a professional with ONE Championship and made a successful debut in September 2016. He has since registered wins over several tough opponents, including BJJ champion Eduardo Novaes, 38, of Brazil.
In the main event of “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” reigning ONE Women’s Strawweight World Champion “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan of China will defend her title against Samara “Marituba” Santos of Brazil. Here is the complete “ONE: Beyond the Horizon” fight card:
- Phat Soda vs Elipitua Siregar: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Strawweight)
- Hakim Hamech vs Yukinori Ogasawara: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 61.2kg (Flyweight)
- Daniel Dawson vs Mustapha Haida: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 72.5kg (Catch Weight)
- Chen Lei vs Muhammad Aiman: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Han Zi Hao vs Stergos Mikkios: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Roman Alvarez vs Daichi Takenaka: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Ognjen Topic vs Tukkatatong Petpayathai: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Edward Kelly vs Christian Lee: Mixed Martial Arts: 70.3kg (Featherweight)
- Honorio Banario vs Amir Khan: Mixed Martial Arts: 77.1kg (Lightweight) *co-main event
- Xiong Jing Nan vs Samara Santos: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Women’s Strawweight) *ONE Women’s Strawweight World Championship, main event
Ticket information for ONE: BEYOND THE HORIZON is available at www.onefc.com.