Brave Combat Federation conducted the official weigh-ins for “Brave 18: Bahrain” at the Oasis Malls Juffair in Juffair, Manama, Bahrain on November 15, 2018. Set to defend their respective titles, the two reigning champions of the Bahrain-based mixed martial arts promotion made weight.
On the main card, reigning Brave CF Bantamweight Champion Stephen “The Sniper” Loman, 23, of the Philippines will defend his title against Felipe Efrain, 24, of Brazil. In the main event, reigning Brave CF Lightweight Champion Lucas “Mineiro” Martins, 29, of Brazil will defend his title against Abdul-Kareem “Pride of Palestine” Al-Selwady, 23, of Jordan.
“Brave 18: Bahrain” marks the first time Martins is defending his title. Previously reigning as the interim champion, he was promoted to the Brave CF Lightweight Championship after previous champion Ottman “Bulldozer” Azaitar, 28, of Germany was stripped of his belt in September 2018 due to his unwillingness to defend his title for almost one year.
The public weigh-ins event was attended by Brave CF president Mohammed “The Hawk” Shahid, 29, and His Highness Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa, 29. Undefeated UFC fighter Sean “Sugar” O’Malley, 24, of the United States also attended the event.
Joe “The Juggernaut” Taimanglo, 34, of Guam and Velimurad Alkhasov, 27, of Russia missed weight. Djamil “Dynamite” Chan, 28, of the Netherlands and Luan “Miau” Santiago, 23, of Brazil mutually agreed to compete in a catchweight bout.
Jose “Shorty” Torres will be the guest commentator for the inaugural Brave CF Flyweight Championship bout between Alkhasov and Marcel Adur, 26, of Brazil. The Russian contender will still compete in the title fight under the stipulation that only his Brazilian opponent will be able to win the world championship in case of a victory.
Lenne Hardt will join Carlos Kremer as the announcers during the “Brave 18: Bahrain” fight night at the Khalifa Sports City Arena in Isa Town, Bahrain on November 16, 2018. Gates will open at 4:30 p.m.
Here are the “Brave 18: Bahrain” weigh-ins results:
- Marko Kisic (77.3 kg) vs. Khamzat Chimaev (77.5 kg) – Welterweight bout
- Anzor Abdulkhozjaev (66.2 kg) vs. Nikolay Kondratuk (65.1 kg) – Featherweight bout
- Cian Cowley (72.3 kg) vs. Hardeep Rai (72.7 kg) – Catchweight bout
- Goyti Dazev (77.6 kg) vs. Vasiliy Kurochkin (77.5 kg) – Welterweight bout
- Luan Santiago (73.7 kg) vs. Djamil Chan (73.7 kg) – Catchweight bout
- Akhmed Sheraniev (66.1 kg) vs. Antonio Carlos Ribeiro (66 kg) – Featherweight bout
- Hussain Ayad (56.8 kg) vs. Hassan Abo Ali (56.5 kg) – Flyweight bout
- Marcel Adur (56.6 kg) vs. Velimurad Alkhasov (58.8 kg) – Flyweight championship bout
- Stephen Loman (c) (61.1 kg) vs. Felipe Efrain (61.3 kg) – Brave CF Bantamweight Championship bout
- Magomedrasul Khasbulaev (66.1 kg) vs. Robert Emerson (66 kg) – Featherweight bout
- Abdul Rakhman Dudaev (61.69 kg) vs. Joe Taimanglo (67.1 kg) – Bantamweight bout
- Lucas “Mineiro” Martins (c) (70.1 kg) vs. Abdul-Kareem Al-Selwady (70 kg) – Brave CF Lightweight Championship bout
Watch a short film released by Brave CF prior to the “Brave 18: Bahrain” fight night here: