Nichol Leila Olsen was a hairstylist, an entrepreneur and a mother of three. She quit high school during her junior year and later obtained a GED.
Olsen was romantically involved with Charles Edward “Charlie” Wheeler, who spotted her on Instagram and sent her a private message there. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in 1981. Her father worked for H.B. Zachry Company, a construction business in San Antonio, Texas, United States. She had a brother born in 1988.
- She was 7 years old when her father died of a heroin overdose on December 23, 1988. Her mother became a functional alcoholic who drank to quell her grief over her husband’s death.
- On December 26, 2001, her mother died of a heart disease. Losing both parents, she became a parental figure to her younger brother.
- In 1996, she gave birth to Skylar Nobles whose father was James W. Nobles II. She and James got married in 1998 and divorced in 1999.
- In 2001, she married U.S. Marine Carlos Montez Jr. She gave birth to their daughter Alexa Denice Montez in 2002.
- In 2006, she became a licensed hairstylist. In the same year, she and Carlos divorced. After the divorce, she returned to San Antonio where she met Hector Bribiescas. She and Hector became engaged and she gave birth to their daughter London Sophia Bribiescas in 2009. She and Hector eventually broke up but shared custody of London.
- In 2014, she lived for three months with her friend Roni Garza, who was born in 1980. In March 2014, she lived with a boyfriend, who was born in 1980, in an upscale home near The Dominion in San Antonio. On March 10, 2014, she was accused of hitting him with an open hand and was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor assault, which was dismissed in 2015.
- She co-owned a wristwatch and jewelry business called KeVa Col with her friends and business partners Vanessa Turney and Kelly Myrick.
- In the summer of 2016, she had a business meeting with Turney at La Cantera Resort and Spa in La Cantera, San Antonio. She had invited Wheeler. It was their first time to meet in person.
- As a couple, she and Wheeler were featured in a promotional video and photo shoots for KeVa Col.
- In April 2017, Wheeler bought a $1 million house in Anaqua Springs Ranch, San Antonio. She moved out of her apartment into the house. Alexa and London also lived there on weekdays and stayed with their respective fathers on weekends.
- In the morning of January 10, 2019, Wheeler called 911 to report finding her, Alexa and London who were shot to death on the second floor of his Anaqua Springs Ranch home. The three were lying close together in an upstairs hallway and a handgun was found near her body. The Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled her death a suicide and her daughters’ deaths as homicides.
- In April 2019, musician Jr. K released a song titled “Finally Home” to honor her, Alexa and London.