Led by twins Paolo Guico and Miguel Guico, Filipino indie folk-folk pop band Ben&Ben is set to release its debut album titled “Limasawa Street.” Containing 13 songs, the album will be available starting May 17, 2019.
It took Ben&Ben three months to finish the recording, on top of juggling live shows and concerts in between. Hard work eventually paid off, resulting into an eclectic collection of anthems that challenged their creative process.
Most of the songs in “Limasawa Street” were written in a relatively narrow time frame. Despite their hectic schedules, Paolo and Miguel spent significant hours in the studio writing songs for the album.
Paolo and Miguel’s Ben&Ben band mates had to record their parts individually for all 13 songs. They are electric guitarist Poch Barretto, drummer Jam Villanueva, bassist Agnes Reoma, keyboardist Patricia Lasaten, percussionists Toni Muñoz and Andrew de Pano and violinist Keifer Cabugao.
Since topping various streaming platforms and radio charts with hit singles “Kathang Isip,” “Ride Home” and “Maybe the Night,” Ben&Ben has been a vital force in the Philippine music scene. Formerly known as The Benjamins, it charted it own path with anthemic, folk-infused pop that brims with elegance.
“Limasawa Street” is derived from the Butuanon word masawa meaning light and is also the name of a street that holds a special place in one of the Ben&Ben members’ heart, grounded with a deeply personal story that offers the comforts of life and home. Paolo shared, “We wanted the album to represent a place of light by singing about hopeful perspectives in troubled situations.”
With the upcoming release of “Limasawa Street,” Ben&Ben takes control of their destiny with an album that stretches music-making to exciting, entirely new places. Fans can get a copy of the album on the band’s upcoming tour dates:
- May 17, 2019: Marquee Mall, Angeles City, Pampanga
- May 19, 2019: Harbor Point, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Olongapo City, Zambales
- June 9, 2019: Centrio Mall, Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental
- June 15, 2019: Ayala Malls Capitol Central, Bacolod, Negros Occidental
- June 22, 2019: Ayala Malls Legazpi, Legazpi City, Albay
- June 23, 2019: The District Imus, Imus, Cavite,
- June 29, 2019: Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City, Cebu
- July 13, 2019: Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
- June 20, 2019: Ayala Malls Circuit, Makati City, Metro Manila,
- June 27, 2019: Ayala Malls Solenad, Santa Rosa, Laguna
- August 9, 2019: TriNoma, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- August 17, 2019: Abreeza, Davao City
Also, “Limasawa Street” will be available at booths near the concierge from May 10 to 12, 2019 at the Ayala Malls particularly Abreeza, Alabang Town Center, Ayala Center Cebu, Ayala Malls Legaspi, MarQuee Mall, Solenad and Trinoma. Meanwhile, here is the official lyric video of “Pagtingin” by Ben&Ben: