Newly crowned World Kickboxing Network European Middleweight champion Zaur Dzhavadov of Latvia was one of the winners at “LNK Fight Night 12.” Presented by Vadim Milov and Eugene Sapronenko, the combat sports event featured six boxing bouts, one kickboxing contest and three mixed martial arts matches.
WKN president Stephane Cabrera attended “LNK Fight Night 12,” which took place at the SemaraH Hotel Lielupe in Jurmala, Latvia on July 20, 2019. In the seventh bout of the evening, Dzhavadov faced Giorgi Kankava of Georgia.
Kankava and Dzhavadov battled it out in a non-title kickboxing contest at a catch weight of 75 kg. After three three-minute bouts, the Latvian kickboxer was declared the winner via unanimous decision.
Including Latvia and Georgia, a total of 10 countries were represented at “LNK Fight Night 12.” The other countries represented were Czech Republic, Italy, Nicaragua, Peru, Poland, Russia, Spain and Tanzania.
Dzhavadov was one of the nine athletes who represented Latvia at “LNK Fight Night 12.” On the other hand, Kankava was one of the two representatives of Georgia.
“LNK Fight Night 12” was held back to back with “Rise of Champions.” Also on July 20, 2019, the latter took place in Fraserburgh, Scotland where two WKN titles were contested.
Check the complete list of the official “LNK Fight Night 12” results here:
- Arturs Ozolins (Latvia) defeated Abdelah Er Ramy (Spain) via first-round TKO (MMA)
- Daniil Vesnenoks (Latvia) defeated Wilbert Huaman (Peru) via TKO (MMA)
- Aleksandrs Cizovs (Latvia) defeated Sergio Hidalgo (Spain) via first-round submission (MMA)
- Nikita Smirnovs (Latvia) defeated Tomasz Gargula (Poland) (boxing)
- Oskars Grosmanis (Latvia) defeated Miroslav Juna (Czech Republic) (boxing)
- Francis Rozentals (Latvia) defeated Sandro Jajanidze (Georgia) (boxing)
- Zaur Dzhavadov (Latvia) defeated Giorgi Kankava (Georgia) via unanimous decision (kickboxing)
- Artjoms Ramlavs (Latvia) defeated Yesner Talavera (Nicaragua) (boxing)
- Ralfs Vilcans (Latvia) defeated Maurizio Lovaglio (Italy) via unanimous decision (boxing)
- Ismail Iliev (Russia) defeated Twaha Kiduku (Tanzania) via unanimous decision (boxing)