Fighting out of Riga, Latvia, Aleksandrs Cizovs was one of the winners at “LNK Fight Night 12,” which featured six boxing bouts, one kickboxing contest and three mixed martial arts matches. He was crowned the World Kickboxing Network European Lightweight MMA Champion.
Presented by Vadim Milov and Eugene Sapronenko, “LNK Fight Night 12” featured six boxing bouts, one kickboxing contest and three mixed martial arts matches. World Kickboxing Network president Stephane Cabrera attended the combat sports event.
“LNK Fight Night 12” took place at the SemaraH Hotel Lielupe in Jurmala, Latvia on July 20, 2019. In the third bout of the evening, Cizovs competed against Sergio “The Monkey King” Hidalgo of Salamanca, Spain.
Hidalgo and Cizovs competed for the WKN European Lightweight MMA Championship title. The Latvian contender earned the belt by submitting his Spanish opponent in the first round.
Including Latvia and Spain, a total of 10 countries were represented at “LNK Fight Night 12.” The other countries represented were Czech Republic, Georgia, Italy, Nicaragua, Peru, Poland, Russia and Tanzania.
Cizovs was one of the nine athletes who represented Latvia at “LNK Fight Night 12.” On the other hand, Hidaldo was one of the two representatives of Spain.
Held back to back with “LNK Fight Night 12,” “Rise of Champions” took place in Fraserburgh, Scotland where two WKN titles were contested. Check the complete list of the official “LNK Fight Night 12” results here:
- Arturs Ozolins (Latvia) defeated Abdelah Er Ramy (Spain) via first-round TKO (MMA)
- Daniil Vesnenoks (Latvia) defeated Wilbert Huaman (Peru) via TKO (MMA)
- Aleksandrs Cizovs (Latvia) defeated Sergio Hidalgo (Spain) via first-round submission (MMA)
- Nikita Smirnovs (Latvia) defeated Tomasz Gargula (Poland) (boxing)
- Oskars Grosmanis (Latvia) defeated Miroslav Juna (Czech Republic) (boxing)
- Francis Rozentals (Latvia) defeated Sandro Jajanidze (Georgia) (boxing)
- Zaur Dzhavadov (Latvia) defeated Giorgi Kankava (Georgia) via unanimous decision (kickboxing)
- Artjoms Ramlavs (Latvia) defeated Yesner Talavera (Nicaragua) (boxing)
- Ralfs Vilcans (Latvia) defeated Maurizio Lovaglio (Italy) via unanimous decision (boxing)
- Ismail Iliev (Russia) defeated Twaha Kiduku (Tanzania) via unanimous decision (boxing)