Online real estate platform Lamudi gave out prestigious awards to the most notable developers all over the Philippines on November 14, 2019. With two new categories and more nominations, Lamudi’s Outlook Awards 2019 proves to be a better representation of the developments that have been created for seekers and of the buyers’ choices that ultimately crowned the night’s winners.
Lamudi’s The Outlook: Philippine Buyers’ Choice Property Awards 2019, co-presented by Philippine Daily Inquirer Property and Holcim, received 30 percent more nominations from developers this year, particularly coming from Visayas and Mindanao. With established names and boutique developers in the real estate industry vying for the awards, the competition was bound to be fierce–and fierce it was, as the discerning market ultimately decided the winners for the House, Condominium, and Mixed-Use categories.
History Speaks for Itself
Filinvest Land, Inc., which was awarded Best Affordable Condo in Luzon for Value for Money in 2018, proved their strength as a property powerhouse with their wide range of developments. At The Outlook Awards 2019, they bested other nominees for the Best Premium Condo for Visayas and Mindanao with their development, Sanremo Oasis at City di Mare. Filinvest’s Best Affordable House award last year for their development, Claremont, was also complemented by this year’s win for Best Premium House in Luzon for their development, The Peak.
Another powerhouse worth mentioning is Avida Land Corporation, with Avida Towers Makati Southpoint winning Best Premium Condo and Avida Southfield Settings NUVALI winning Best Affordable House in Luzon. Avida Land was also last year’s winner for Best Premium Condo for Trust and Reputation of Developer for their development Avida Towers Asten.
Megaworld Corporation, last year’s Best Developer in Visayas and Mindanao, also took home two awards at the Philippine Buyers’ Choice Property Awards 2019 for The Albany (Best Luxe Condo) and The Mactan Newtown (Best Mixed-Use Development). Here is the complete list of winners for The Outlook Awards 2019:
- Best Affordable Condo – Cheer Residences (SM Development Corporation)
- Best Premium Condo – Avida Towers Makati Southpoint (Avida Land Corporation)
- Best Luxe Condo – The Albany (Megaworld Corporation)
- Best Affordable House – Avida Southfield Settings NUVALI (Avida Land Corporation)
- Best Premium House – The Peak (Filinvest Land, Inc.)
- Best Mixed-Use Development – Hamilo Coast (Costa del Hamilo, Inc.)
Visayas and Mindanao Winners
- Best Affordable Condo – Casa Mira Towers Labangon (Cebu Landmasters, Inc.)
- Best Premium Condo – Sanremo Oasis at City di Mare (Filinvest Land, Inc.)
- Best House – Amoa (AboitizLand, Inc.)
- Best Mixed-Use Development – The Mactan Newtown (Megaworld Corporation)
- Best Green Project – Three E-Com Center (SM Prime Holdings, Inc.)
- Best Innovation Project – The Seasons Residences (Sunshine Fort North Bonifacio Realty Development Corporation)
- Best Co-Living Space – MyTown Co-Living Hubs (Philippines Urban Living Solutions, Inc.)
- Best Co-Working Space – Acceler8 (UnionSPACE)
- Personality of the Year – Jose “Joe” Soberano III, Chairman, President and CEO of Cebu Landmasters, Inc.
- Best Developer – Luzon – DMCI Homes
- Best Developer – VisMin – Cebu Landmasters, Inc.
- Best Boutique Developer – Luzon – PHINMA Property Holdings Corporation
- Best Boutique Developer – VisMin – DATEM Homes, Inc.
To open the awarding ceremony, Lamudi’s Global Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder Kian Moini cited the real estate trends that make the Philippines a force to be reckoned with in Southeast Asia.
The gala also honored the recently departed real estate leaders John Gokongwei, Jr. of JG Summit, Lucio “Bong” Tan, Jr. of Eton Properties, Willie Uy of 8990 Holdings, Henry Sy of SM Investments, and Liberator “Levy” P. Laus of The LausGroup of Companies.
Bhavna Suresh, CEO of Lamudi Philippines, ended the night with encouraging closing remarks about real estate’s continued growth in the country.
The Outlook Awards’ official TV partner is Cignal TV and the official event partner is Makati Shangri-La Hotel.
The event’s media partners are Business Mirror, Business World, Manila Standard, Malaya Business Insight, and The Philippine Star.
Lamudi also worked together with partner organizations Subdivision and Housing Developers Association (SHDA), Land Registration Authority, Re/Max, Colliers International Philippines, Ikea Southeast Asia, A. P. de Jesus & Associates, Philippine Daily Inquirer Property, Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council, Buskowitz Group, Santos Knight Frank, Buensalido + Architects, German Chamber of Commerce, British Chamber of Commerce, Australian – New Zealand Chamber of Commerce, Italian Chamber of Commerce, European Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines (ECCP), and Starbucks to make the event possible.
Visit lamudi.com.ph/outlook2019 to know more.