Nickelodeon International announced the launch of PAW Patrol: A Day in Adventure Bay, a new life skills app where kids can experience a day in the life of their favorite pup. The game is available to download worldwide outside of the United States in English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Chinese, German, Norwegian, Polish, Russian and Swedish on Apple iOS, Amazon and Google Play for US$2.99.
PAW Patrol: A Day in Adventure Bay blends nurture-style gameplay with action and adventure to empower kids to play and learn independently, explore and problem solve through missions around Adventure Bay and learn universal early-childhood social skills. Through positive reinforcement, kids will learn how to break down larger tasks, like starting the day, into smaller activities like helping brush the pup’s teeth, checking the weather and selecting appropriate attire before embarking on the day’s mission of helping citizens around Adventure Bay through a series of driving missions.
After completing each mission, kids can unwind the day with each pup by helping them prepare for bed, bathe, change into pajamas and go to sleep, mimicking kids’ own routines in real life. The app encourages:
- Learning: It reinforces universal, early-childhood soft skills by mirroring real-life routines.
- Empowerment: It encourages kids to play and learn independently.
- Exploration: It allows preschoolers to drive around Adventure Bay with their favorite PAW Patrol friends.
- Problem Solving: It features pattern and sequence recognition exercises during missions.
- Responsible Screen Time: It provides a natural conclusion to the day. Preschoolers can put their pup to bed to conclude the game, without having to tend to the app until they want to start a new day.
Through various user-tests with preschoolers, PAW Patrol: A Day in Adventure Bay was created in partnership with and informed by Nickelodeon’s Digital Consumer Insights team to ensure a safe and entertaining app experience for children. Have a glimpse of the app here: