Sarah Asher Tua Geronimo-Guidicelli, 31, who is professionally known as Sarah Geronimo, has said goodbye to the Singles Club. She got married to Gianmatteo Fernan Guidicelli, 29, who is professionally known as Matteo Guidicelli, between 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on February 20, 2020.
It was a secret, private Christian wedding ceremony and Sarah’s parents Delfin Geronimo and Divina Tua Geronimo were not invited. Here are 13 important facts about the wedding:
- It happened almost six years after Sarah and Matteo publicly announced their relationship and three months after their engagement.
- It took place at the Victory Church in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- It was officiated by Victory Church senior pastor Paolo Punzalan, brother of actress Princess Punzalan.
- While the ceremony was ongoing, the entire second floor of the venue was locked down.
- Only Matteo and Sarah’s close friends, the family of the groom and some Victory Church members were invited.
- The invitations were sent only on February 19, 2020.
- Sarah and Matteo’s relationship counselor Letty Fuentes was one of the invited guests.
- The reception was held in a restaurant at a nearby luxury hotel at Shangri-La at the Fort in Bonifacio Global City.
- During the reception, Sarah wore the same shirt she wore during her taping for the ABS-CBN talent show “The Voice Teens” earlier that day.
- Upon learning Sarah’s whereabouts through a personal bodyguard named Jerry Tamara, Divina gatecrashed the reception and caused commotion, according to eyewitnesses.
- Sarah and Matteo’s manager, Viva Entertainment chairman Vic del Rosario, arrived at the venue to help stop the commotion.
- Tamara accused Matteo of punching him in the throat during the commotion and filed a blotter with the Taguig City police about the alleged incident on February 21, 2020 for record purposes only as he did not press charges against Sarah’s husband.
- Among the Filipino celebrities who took to social media to congratulate Sarah and Matteo were Cairo International Film Festival 2019 Best Actress Judy Ann Santos, her husband Ryan Agoncillo and Miss World 1993 second runner-up Ruffa Gutierrez.