Cody “No Love” Garbrandt, 28, Uhrichsville, Ohio, United States was one of the winners at “UFC 250.” It was his seventh victory in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Featuring 12 MMA matches, “UFC 250” took place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States on June 6, 2020. In the co-main event of the evening, Garbrandt fought Raphael Assuncao, 37, of Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil in the bantamweight division.
Referee Keith Peterson put a stop to the bantamweight contest after 4 minutes and 59 seconds in the second round. Garbrandt knocked out Assuncao via punch.
Winning at “UFC 250” improved the professional MMA record of Garbrandt to 12 wins and 3 losses. On the other hand, Assuncao now has 27 wins and 8 losses.
The UFC held “UFC 250” while the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic was still ongoing in the U.S. Here are the details of the bantamweight contest between Garbrandt and Assuncao:
|2. United States||
Bout #: 11 of 12
- Name: Cody “No Love” Garbrandt
- Age: 28
- Hometown: Uhrichsville, Ohio, United States
- Professional MMA record after “UFC 250”: 12 wins, 3 losses
- UFC record after “UFC 250”: 7 wins, 3 losses
- UFC opponents defeated before “UFC 250”: Marcus Brimage, Enrique Briones, Augusto Mendes, Thomas Almeida, Takeya Mizugaki, Dominick Cruz
- Name: Raphael Assuncao
- Age: 37
- Hometown: Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
- Professional MMA record after “UFC 250”: 27 wins, 8 losses
- UFC record after “UFC 250”: 11 wins, 5 losses
- UFC opponents defeated before “UFC 250”: Johnny Eduardo, Issei Tamura, Mike Easton, Vaughan Lee, T.J. Dillashaw, Pedro Munhoz, Bryan Caraway, Aljamain Sterling, Marlon Moraes, Matthew Lopez, Rob Font
- Division: Bantamweight
- Referee: Keith Peterson
- Winner: CODY GARBRANDT
- Method: Knockout via Punch
- Time and Round: 4:59 of Round 2