Honda motorcycles provide a safe mode of mobility to promote safety protocols during the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic such as physical distancing. Before going out to ride, remember the acronym G.O.T. T.O. B.E. S.A.F.E.
- General Appearance: Make sure your bike looks good and is in a rideable condition.
- Oil: Ensure that the engine oil is between the maximum and minimum levels using the engine dipstick.
- Tires: Check for any cracks, bulges, or signs of wear in the treads. Low tire pressure or any defects could cause a blowout.
- Tension of chain: Check the chain if it is well lubricated. Chain tension must be following your motorcycle model.
- Operation of Controls: Check throttle play, which must maintain snapback operations. Check clutch lever for free play.
- Brakes: Check operation and cable conditions. Test both front and rear brakes to ensure these are working properly.
- Engine: Make a visual check on your engine to see any leakages or loose fittings.
- Side Mirror: Make sure that the side mirror is free from scratches and must be clean and clear.
- Alignment of steering: Check smoothness of play and make sure the handlebar is securely bolted.
- Fuel: Make sure the gasoline cap is securely closed and not leaking.
- Electrical / Lights: Ensure all electrical-based switches and devices, like the horn and lights, are properly functioning.
In the Philippines, the government recently relaxed the community quarantine guidelines, which gradually reopens up the economy. Thousands of workers are finally allowed to go to their offices, provided they follow strict health and safety protocols.
Being a road safety advocate proven by the existence of Honda Safety Driving Center in Parañaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines, Honda Philippines has been true to its ONE DREAM campaign. This campaign envisions to fulfill people’s dreams while experiencing the joy of mobility at the same time instill a safety mindset and to properly educate road discipline and courtesy while driving.
There is a lot more to explore from Honda’s wide array of motorcycles. For more details about products and promos, visit the Honda Philippines website at www.hondaph.com and follow its social media pages on Facebook and Instagram.