Kelly Kamalelehua Smith, professionally known as Kelly Preston, was an actress and a model. She was married to actor, singer, dancer and pilot John Travolta.
As a spokeswoman for Neutrogena, Preston appeared in the print and television ads of the skin care, hair care and cosmetics brand. Here are 13 more facts about her:
- She was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States.
- She auditioned for the role of Emmeline in “The Blue Lagoon” but lost to Brooke Shields. The film was released in 1980.
- In 1980, she made her television debut by appearing in the “Hawaii Five-O” episode “For Old Times Sake.”
- In 1983, she made her film debut by playing Doreen in “10 to Midnight.” In the same year, she starred in the films “Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn” and “Christine.”
- In 1985, she and Kevin Gage got married. They divorced in 1987.
- She and Travolta co-starred in the films “The Experts,” “Battlefield Earth” and “Gotti,” which were released in 1989, 2000 and 2018, respectively.
- In 1990, she was briefly engaged to Charlie Sheen.
- On September 5, 1991, she and Travolta got married at the Hotel de Crillon on the Place de la Concorde in Paris, France. Performed by a French Scientology minister, the ceremony was considered invalid.
- On September 12, 1991, she and Travolta got married again in Daytona Beach, Florida, USA.
- She and Travolta have three children namely Jett Travolta, Ella Bleu Travolta and Benjamin Travolta, who were born on April 13, 1992, on April 3, 2000 and on November 23, 2010, respectively. Jett died on January 2, 2009.
- In 2004, she appeared in the music video of the Maroon 5 song “She Will Be Loved.”
- In 2018, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- On July 12, 2020, she died in Houston, Texas, USA. She died at the age of 57.