Kelly Kamalelehua Smith, professionally known as Kelly Preston, was an actress and a model. She was married to actor, singer, dancer and pilot John Travolta.
Preston and Travolta co-starred in the films “The Experts,” “Battlefield Earth” and “Gotti,” which were released in 1989, 2000 and 2018, respectively. Here are 13 more facts about her:
View this post on Instagram
It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that my beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer. She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many. My family and I will forever be grateful to her doctors and nurses at MD Anderson Cancer Center, all the medical centers that have helped, as well as her many friends and loved ones who have been by her side. Kelly’s love and life will always be remembered. I will be taking some time to be there for my children who have lost their mother, so forgive me in advance if you don’t hear from us for a while. But please know that I will feel your outpouring of love in the weeks and months ahead as we heal. All my love, JT
- She was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States on October 13, 1962.
- She auditioned for the role of Emmeline in “The Blue Lagoon” but lost to Brooke Shields. The film was released in 1980.
- In 1980, she made her television debut by appearing in the “Hawaii Five-O” episode “For Old Times Sake.”
- She made her film debut in 1983 by playing Doreen in “10 to Midnight.” In the same year, she starred in the films “Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn” and “Christine.”
- She married Kevin Gage in 1985. They divorced in 1987.
- In 1990, she was briefly engaged to Charlie Sheen.
- She married Travolta on September 5, 1991 at the Hotel de Crillon on the Place de la Concorde in Paris, France. Performed by a French Scientology minister, the ceremony was considered invalid.
- She and Travolta got married again on September 12, 1991 in Daytona Beach, Florida, USA.
- She and Travolta have three children namely Jett Travolta, Ella Bleu Travolta and Benjamin Travolta, who were born on April 13, 1992, on April 3, 2000 and on November 23, 2010, respectively. Jett died on January 2, 2009.
- In 2004, she appeared in the music video of the Maroon 5 song “She Will Be Loved.”
- As a spokeswoman for Neutrogena, she appeared in the print and TV ads of the skin care, hair care and cosmetics brand.
- She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2018.
- She died in Houston, Texas, USA on July 12, 2020.