“Glee” aired on Fox from May 19, 2009, to March 20, 2015. Some of the cast members of the musical comedy-drama television series died young.
In 2010, the “Glee” cast won Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series at Screen Actors Guild Awards. In the same year, the cast won Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series and the show won Best Comedy Series at Online Film and Television Association.
Also in 2010, “Glee” was recognized by the Peabody Awards. The show also won Outstanding Comedy Series at Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards in 2010 and in 2011.
The story of “Glee” revolved around the New Directions, the glee club of the fictional William McKinley High School. The characters represent people dealing with social issues related to various things including sexuality and ethnicity.
All of the episodes of the first two of the six “Glee” seasons were written by its creators Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. They executive produced the Fox series with Dante Di Loreto, Russel Friend, Garrett Lerner and Bradley Buecker.
- full name: Mark Wayne Salling
- parents: John Robert Salling Jr. and Condy Sue Wherry Salling
- birth date: August 17, 1982
- birthplace: Dallas, Texas, United States
- death date: January 30, 2018
- death place: Los Angeles, County, California, United States
- cause of death: asphyxia caused by suicide by hanging
- “Glee” character: Noah “Puck” Puckerman
- full name: Cory Allan Michael Monteith
- parents: Joe Monteith and Ann McGregor
- birth date: May 11, 1982
- birthplace: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- death date: July 13, 2013
- death place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- cause of death: alcohol and heroin overdose
- “Glee” character: Finn Hudson
- full name: Naya Marie Rivera
- parents: George Rivera and Yolanda Marie White
- birth date: January 12, 1987
- birthplace: Valencia, Santa Clarita, California, United States
- death date: July 8, 2020
- death place: Lake Piru, Los Padres National Forest and Topatopa Mountains, Ventura County, California, United States
- cause of death: accidental drowning
- “Glee” character: Santana Lopez