Walter R. Elmer was a resident of Riverdale, Weber County, Utah, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He graduated from Weber High School in Pleasant View, Weber County.
- After high school, he joined the U.S. Air Force where he served for 6 years.
- He is one of the 16 children of U.S. Army veteran Harvey Arnold Elmer and Helen Marie Bonnett Elmer.
- He has eight brothers namely Harvey Elmer Jr., Harry Elmer, Richard Elmer, William Claude Elmer, Oliver Elmer, Rodney Wayne Elmer, Garth Elmer and Daniel Elmer.
- He has seven sisters namely Helen Elmer, Glenda Elmer, Sally Elmer, Alice Elmer, Bridget Elmer, Elizabeth Elmer and Barbara Elmer. Helen married Todd Kmiecik, Glenda married Stanley Brown, Sally married Monte Carroll, Alice married David Perry, Bridget married Merrill Darrell Fackrell Jr., Elizabeth married Richard Jensen and Barbara married Randy Pierce.
- On September 23, 1977, he married Theresa Johnson in Baytown, Texas, USA and became a father to her daughter Amber Johnson, then 1. Amber married Doug Keyes.
- In 1983, he and Theresa divorced. They have two children together namely Rex Elmer and Stephanie Elmer. Rex married Melissa Elmer. After the divorce, he remarried and became the stepfather of Misty Spendlove and Jonathan Spendlove.
- On March 1, 2005, his father died at the age of 81 after a long battle with cancer.
- In 2007, he began losing his sight.
- On February 20, 2015, his brother Rodney died in Washington Terrace, Weber County at the age of 55.
- On May 24, 2016, his mother died at the age of 87.
- On January 15, 2020, his brother William died at the age of 69. William was a U.S. Army veteran.
- On September 11, 2020, he passed away at his home in Riverdale. He was 65.