Steven Alan Vogel is responsible for the death of Michael Ronnell Williams, an African-American man born in 1976 and originally from Syracuse, New York, United States. Here are 13 more facts about the killer:
- He was born on January 5, 1989.
- He is a native of Grinnell, Iowa, USA.
- He lives in Grinnell with his mother Julia Cox and Roy Lee Garner.
- He and Williams were known acquaintances. They often socialized within the same circle of friends.
- On September 12, 2020, he strangled Williams to death. He hid the body in the basement of the house he shares with his mother.
- On September 13, 2020, he went to the house of Cody Johnson, who gave him ride back to his house. He showed Williams’ body hidden in their basement to Johnson. They tried to move the corpse but he was not able to.
- On September 15, 202, he went back to Johnson’s house and asked him again to help move Williams’ body out of his basement in exchange for drugs.
- With the help of his mother and Garner, he disposed of Williams’ body on September 16, 2020. He bought fuel, they wrapped the body in cloth, plastic, carpet and duct tape, loaded it into the back of Garner’s green 1999 Dodge truck, drove to Jasper County, Grinnell and threw the corpse into a ditch in the 8100 block of North 67th Avenue East and set it on fire. Garner dropped him off at his sister Jennifer Vogel‘s apartment in Marshalltown, Iowa.
- The Marshalltown Police Department arrested him on September 22, 2020.
- He was held in the Marshall County Jail in Marshalltown on other charges not related to the death of Williams.
- He was charged with first degree murder and abuse of a corpse in relation to Williams’ death.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)