Steven Alan Vogel is a white man from Iowa, United States. Here are 13 more facts about him:
- He is a native of Grinnell, Iowa.
- He is Julia Cox‘s son.
- He is Jennifer Vogel‘s brother.
- He lives in Grinnell with his mother and Roy Lee Garner.
- He and Michael Ronnell Williams were known acquaintances and they often socialized within the same circle of friends. Williams was an African-American man born in 1976 and originally from Syracuse, New York, United States.
- He is 13 years younger than Williams.
- On September 12, 2020, he strangled Williams to death. He hid the body in the basement of the house he shares with his mother.
- On September 13, 2020, he went to the house of Cody Johnson, who gave him a ride back to his house. He showed Williams’ body hidden in their basement to Johnson. They tried to move the corpse but he was not able to.
- On September 15, 2020, he went back to Johnson’s house and asked him again to help move Williams’ body out of his basement in exchange for drugs.
- on September 16, 2020, he disposed of Williams’ body with the help of his mother and Garner. He bought fuel, they wrapped the body in cloth, plastic, carpet and duct tape, loaded it into the back of Garner’s green 1999 Dodge truck, drove to Jasper County, Grinnell and threw the corpse into a ditch in the 8100 block of North 67th Avenue East and set it on fire. Garner dropped him off at his sister Jennifer’s apartment in Marshalltown, Iowa.
- on September 22, 2020, the Marshalltown Police Department arrested him. He was held in the Marshall County Jail in Marshalltown on other charges not related to the death of Williams. He was charged with first degree murder and abuse of a corpse in relation to Williams’ death.
- On November 16, 2021, a jury found him guilty of killing Williams.
- He was 31 years old when he was convicted of first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse on November 16, 2021.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)