Shon Paul Matsunaga Sheffield is from North Carolina, United States. He used to work at the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Sheffield is of Japanese descent. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born on September 14, 1989 to Robert Ray Sheffield and Jayne Marie Matsunaga Sheffield.
- He is related to Shawn Paul Sheffield, Katelyn Houston Sheffield, Robert Ray Sheffield Jr., Joshua Cole Sheffield, Samantha Onita Sheffield, Elizabeth Michelle Sheffield, Myra Lee Sheffield, Scott Scheffield, Sami Scott Sheffield and Katelyn Houston Sheffield.
- He lived in different parts of North Carolina including Denver, Kings Mountain and Matthews.
- He attended Kings Mountain High School.
- He went to Gardner–Webb University in Boiling Springs, North Carolina.
- The CMPD hired him on August 13, 2012. He was assigned to the department’s Metro Division.
- He has been in a relationship with Katie Mayberry since November 22, 2015. They got married on October 15, 2017.
- In May 2016, the CMPD awarded him with the Medal of Valor. He was commended for arresting a gunman on Summit Avenue in Charlotte.
- On September 25, 2017, he and his fellow CMPD officers Joseph Bauer and James Tindall were involved in the shooting of Johnathan Autry, who held a pregnant woman hostage, in the 1900 block of Holly Street in Charlotte. The three cops were placed on administrative leave. After reviewing the case, the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office found that the officers acted lawfully.
- On October 25, 2019, he and his fellow CMPD officers Micah Edmunds, Michael Mosher and Michael Petrillo were badly injured when two patrol SUVs collided, CMPD spokesperson Rob Tufano told Greensboro.
- He was involved in the in-custody death of Harold Pharr Easter along with his fellow CMPD officers Brentley Vinson, Michael Benfield and Michael Joseph and Sergeant Nicolas Vincent on January 23, 2020. They were placed on administrative leave with pay on January 24, 2020.
- He, Vinson, Benfield, Joseph and Vincent were cited for termination, the CMPD announced on September 18, 2020.
- He, Vinson, Benfield, Joseph and Vincent resigned from the CMPD on September 30, 2020.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)