Jonathan Price was an African-American man from Wolfe City, Texas, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in 1989 to Junior Price and Marcella Louis.
- He was an employee of the Wolfe City public works department.
- His sister April Louis told WFAA, “Everybody loved Jonathan. Everybody. Black, white, Mexican, it doesn’t matter. He loved everybody. Everybody loved him.”
- He went to Wolfe City High School where he played football. His coach Dale Trompler told KTXS, “Price made an undeniable imprint on my life and will be in my heart forever.”
- In 2008, he played football at Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas. Jesse Burleson was his head coach. He played for a short time for the university’s football team that year.
- He went to Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas.
- In 2009, he started working as a fitness trainer. He also pursued bodybuilding and wanted to become an International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness (IFBB) Pro men’s physique competitor.
- He described himself as an athletepreneur. He was registered as the agent of Repetitive Reps, a company based in Dallas, Texas and incorporated on December 17, 2015.
- In the evening of October 3, 2020, he was Tased and fatally shot by Wolfe City Police Department officer Shaun David Lucas at the Kwik Check gas station at 103 Santa Fe Street in Wolfe City.
- He was trying to break up an argument between a man and a woman inside a convenience store at the Kwik Check gas station when the officer pulled up, his relatives told KDFW.
- He was unarmed when Lucas tried to detain him. He “resisted in a non-threatening posture and began walking away” and the cop’s actions were “not objectionably reasonable,” according to the Texas Rangers of the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- He was taken to Hunt Regional Medical Hospital in Greenville where he died.
- On October 5, 2020, former Red Sox player Will Middlebrooks, one of his childhood friends, organized a GoFundMe page for his memorial and funeral. It exceeded its $50,000 goal in just one day.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)