Clevy Muchette Nelson-Royster is an African-American woman from a military family. She is an alumna of Tuskegee University in Tuskegee, Alabama, United States.
Nelson-Royster served in the U.S. Army. She was in a romantic relationship with her fellow captain Malcolm Xavier Perry.
“F*** you, Malcolm!” Nelson-Royster yelled at Perry on October 11, 2020. “When my n***** comes back from Afghanistan, I’m a get him to shoot yo’ ass!”
Hours after this, Perry died. Here are 13 more things about Nelson-Royster:
- She was born in 1993.
- She started her military career in the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) in Tuskegee University.
- She and Perry joined the U.S. Army in 2015. Their on-and-off relationship started that year.
- She started in the U.S. Army as a second lieutenant before becoming a captain.
- In February 2020, she took command of Echo Forward Support Company a logistics unit with the 1-501st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion nicknamed the Iron Dragons at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas, USA.
- She and Perry were both logistics officers assigned to the 1st Armored Division at Fort Bliss.
- She had a problem with Perry’s frequent visits to the Jaguars, a strip club on Gateway West Boulevard in El Paso.
- In the evening of October 10, 2020, she ran into a friend named Richard Mustapha Sennessie at the 915 Vibes bar and grill in the Pebble Village Shopping Center, 10780 Pebble Hills Blvd in El Paso. She was kicked out of the bar after getting into an altercation with a group of women.
- In the early morning of October 11, 2020, she moved to the Jaguars strip club with Sennessie. They were joined at their table by Perry, who was already there. In the strip club, she grabbed Perry’s glasses and broke them. She was escorted out after getting into several other altercations and continued to fight other people in the parking lot.
- After being escorted out of the Jaguars strip club on October 11, 2020, she guided several people to Perry’s apartment with the intent to attack her former boyfriend. With her black 2019 Jeep Wrangler, she and Sennessie drove to Perry’s residence and found him sitting in his Audi parked at the apartment complex parking lot. She assaulted Perry so the latter drove off.
- She was in the passenger’s seat while Sennessie was driving her black Jeep Cherokee, which they used to chase Perry’s Audi. At around 5:46 a.m. on October 11, 2020, Sennessie intentionally rammed her car into Perry’s car, causing it to roll over and catch fire at the intersection of John Hayes and N. Zaragoza in El Paso resulting in his death. According to Sennessie, she kept yelling at him to ram Perry’s car and kept grabbing the wheel and honking the horn minutes before Perry’s death.
- On October 15, 2020, she was arrested by homicide detectives in El Paso. When interviewed by the detectives, she referred to Perry as her fiancé.
- She was charged with soliciting, directing, encouraging and aiding in the murder of Perry. She was booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility on a $500,000 bond.
(This is a developing story. Updates will be added as soon as they are available.)