biographical facts

Jeffrey Toobin biography: 13 things about lawyer, author, Harvard alum

Jeffrey Ross Toobin is a lawyer, author, blogger, legal analyst and commentator. He is an alumnus of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.

Tobin is Jewish. Here are 13 more things about him:

1. He was born in New York, New York, USA on May 21, 1960 to television producer Jerome Toobin and TV news correspondent, anchor, producer and executive Marlene Sanders, who are both Jewish.
  2. From 1973 to 1978, he attended Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School in New York City.
  3. In 1978, he enrolled at Harvard University. He covered sports for the university’s daily student newspaper The Harvard Crimson. He met Amy Bennett McIntosh, who also worked for the newspaper. In 1982, he graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in American History and Literature. He was awarded a Harry S. Truman Scholarship.
  4. In 1983, he enrolled at Harvard Law School. While studying, he freelanced for the magazine The New Republic.
  5. In 1986, he earned his Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School and graduated magna cum laude. In the same year, he married McIntosh.
  6. From January 1990 to January 1993, he served as an assistant U.S. attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice in Brooklyn, New York. His first book “Opening arguments : a young lawyer’s first case, United States v. Oliver North” was published in 1991 and was updated in 1992.
  7. In January 1993, he started working for The New Yorker as a staff writer. In 1994, he broke the story in the newspaper that the legal team in O. J. Simpson‘s criminal trial planned to accuse Mark Fuhrman of planting evidence. His book “The run of his life: the People v. O.J. Simpson” was published in 1996.
  8. From January 1996 to January 2002, he was a legal analyst for ABC News. Random House published his books “A vast conspiracy : the real story of the sex scandal that nearly brought down a President” and “Too close to call : the thirty-six-day battle to decide the 2000 election” in 1999 and in 2001, respectively.
  9. In January 2002, he started working for CNN as a senior legal analyst.
  10. In 2007, his non-fiction book titled “The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court” spent four months on the New York Times bestseller list. His books “The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court” and “American Heiress: The Kidnapping, Crimes and Trial of Patty Hearst,” which were published in 2012 and in 2016, respectively, also made it to the list.
  11. He had had a longtime on-and-off extramarital affair with attorney Casey Greenfield. She gave birth to their first child in 2009.
  12. Chris Conner played him in “The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story,” which aired on FX from February 2, 2016 to April 5, 2016.
  13. On August 4, 2020, Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group published his book “True Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Investigation of Donald Trump,” a condensation of evidence against Donald Trump‘s character and presidency as if the 45th U.S. president were on trial. On October 19, 2020, he exposed himself and masturbated during a Zoom video call between employees of The New Yorker and WNYC radio simulating scenarios for the 59th quadrennial U.S. presidential election scheduled for November 3, 2020. Because of this, The New Yorker suspended him from his position as a reporter.

1 reply »

1. i JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO WAS ON THE ZOOM CALL THAT MADE HIM HAVE TO HANDLE BUSINESS DANA BASH? S. E CUPP? DON LUH-MON? CMON TOOBER TELL US WHO GAVE YOU THAT HANDFUL OF TROUBLE?

Like