Mushroom is one of the 16 mystery celebrity singers competing in the fourth season of the American version of “The Masked Singer.” Many viewers believe that the celebrity behind the mask is Johnny Depp, 57, Pharrell Williams, 47, or Billy Porter, 51.
Ken Jeong, 51, Jenny McCarthy, 47, Robin Thicke, 43, and Nicole Scherzinger, 42, all returned as panelists of “The Masked Singer” Season 4, which premiered on Fox on September 23, 2020. Nick Cannon, 39, returned as the host, as well.
“Mushrooms are resilient and thrive in all circumstances,” Mushroom said. “Being here has made me realize this show is fertile ground to explore another side of yourself.”
Inspired by woodland animals, Mushroom’s outfit includes a light brown dress that resembles a mushroom stem. It is decorated with mushrooms, moss, grasses, and a squirrel at the bottom of the dress along with brown leather gloves.
The red hat Mushroom is wearing is adorned by flowers. He said, “If you want to know who’s behind my mask, you’ll need to figure out who’s under my hats.”
Along with four other contestants, Mushroom will make his first appearance in “The Masked Singer” Season 4 in the fifth episode titled “Masked But Not Least,” which will air on Fox on October 28, 2020. Here are three of the top guesses for this mystery celebrity:
- full name: John Christopher Depp II
- birthplace: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
- best known for: playing Jack Sparrow in “Pirates of the Caribbean” films
- full name: Pharrell Lanscilo Williams
- birthplace: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
- best known for: his songs “Happy” and “Get Lucky”
- full name: Billy Porter
- birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- best known for: playing Lola in “Kinky Boots”