Gabriel Nnamdi Vincent is an American professional basketball player of Nigerian descent. He has been playing basketball professionally since 2018.
Vincent, who is 6’3″ tall, made his National Basketball Association debut in 2020. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born to Franklyn Vincent and Cynthia Vincent in Modesto, California, United States in 1996.
- In 2010, he attended Modesto Christian School in Salida, California.
- From 2011 to 2014, he attended St. Mary’s High School in Stockton, California. He was a member of the principal’s honor roll.
- From 2014 to 2018, he played college basketball for the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, the men’s basketball team of the University of California, Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, California.
- On October 2, 2018, he signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Sacramento Kings although he was not drafted in the NBA Draft.
- From 2018 to 2020, he played for the Stockton Kings.
- Representing the Nigerian national basketball team D’Tigers, he scored 23 points in a game against Poland on August 24, 2019. He also represented the Nigerian team at the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup in China where he averaged 11.4 points and 1.2 rebounds. He is the first Nigerian national team player to qualify for the NBA Finals.
- On January 8, 2020, the Miami Heat announced that the team had signed him to a two-way contract with the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the NBA G League.
- As a Miami Heat player, he made his NBA debut on January 29, 2020 in a game against the Orlando Magic.
- On June 22, 2020, the NBA G League announced that he won the Most Improved Player award.