Ashli Elizabeth Babbitt was a white woman from San Diego, California, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in 1985.
- She grew up in Lakeside, San Diego.
- She was married twice.
- From April 2005 to May 2019, she was married to Timothy McEntee. While married, they served together in the U.S. Air Force. In an email sent to The San Diego Union-Tribune, he described her as “a wonderful woman with a big heart and a strong mind.”
- In 2019, she married Aaron Babbitt. They own a pool service and supply company called Fowlers Pool Service and Supply, Inc.
- She was a 14-year veteran of the Air Force. Throughout her time in service, she was a high level security official and she served four tours.
- She was a supporter of 45th U.S. president Donald Trump.
- She regularly endorsed QAnon conspiracy theories on Twitter.
- Wearing a QAnon shirt, she attended a Trump Boat Parade in San Diego on September 8, 2020.
- Her last tweet was on January 5, 2021. She implied that nothing will stop her and her fellow supporters of Trump from their plan to protest at the Capitol in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021.
- On January 6, 2021, she and thousands of other supporters of Trump stormed down to the Capitol in Washington, D.C. to protest the confirmation of Joe Biden’s Electoral College win over Trump. They tried to break through a barricaded door in the building while armed U.S. Capitol Police officers were armed inside. During the encounter shortly after 3:00 p.m. that day, she was shot by the police. She suffered a gunshot wound and was sent to the hospital where she died, ABC 7 News reported.
- From San Diego, she went to Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021 by herself and was supposed to be picked up from the airport by Aaron on January 8, 2021, her husband told CBS8.
- Referring to her involvement in the rally in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, her mother-in-law told FOX 5 Washington DC, “I really don’t know why she decided to do this.”
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)