If California were a country, it would be the fifth largest economy in the world. It is the most populous state in the United States and is considered a global trendsetter in popular culture, entertainment, communication, information, innovation, environmentalism, economics and politics.
California is home to some of the Donald Trump supporters who breached the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on January 6, 2021. They disrupted a joint session of Congress certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election.
One U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) officer named Brian D. Sicknick died because of the riot. Here is the list of individuals from California who are accused of participating in the riot:
NOTE: Everyone in this growing list is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Ashli Elizabeth Babbitt, 30, of San Diego, California (+)
- Christian Alexander Secor, 22, Costa Mesa, Orange County, California
- Eduardo Nicolas Alvear Gonzalez, 32, of Ventura, California (aka Nick Alvear, Lion Nick)
- Gina Michelle Bisignano, 52, of Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California
- Hunter Allen Ehmke, 20, of Glendora, California
- Jacob Daniel Lewis, 37, of Victorville, San Bernardino County, California
- Jeffrey Alexander Smith of California (aka Alex Smith)
- John Herbert Strand, 37, of Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California
- Jorge Aaron Riley, 41, of Sacramento, California
- Kristopher Drew of Huntington Beach, California
- Mark Steven Simon, 49, of Huntington Beach, Orange County, California
- Dr. Simone Melissa Gold, 55, of Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California
- Tommy Frederick Allan of California
- Valerie Elaine Ehrke of California