Patrick Jay “Pat” Miletich is a Croatian retired mixed martial artist. Dubbed the Croatian Sensation, he fought professionally from 1995 to 2008.
Miletich is a Freemason and a father of three. He competed in different MMA promotions including the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
After retiring, he became a color commentator. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born to Croatian parents in Davenport, Iowa, United States in 1996. (a)
- He attended the Bettendorf High School in Bettendorf, Iowa where he was a football player and a wrestler. (a)
- He stands 5’10” and competed in the welterweight division. He made his professional MMA debut at “Battle of the Masters 1” on October 28, 1995. (b)
- After 15 consecutive wins, he had his first professional MMA loss on March 28, 1997 when he was knocked out by Matt Hume at “Extreme Fighting 4.” (b)
- On March 13, 1998, he made his UFC debut at “UFC 16” where he defeated Townsend Saunders via split decision. (b)
- On October 16, 1998, he became the inaugural UFC Welterweight Champion by defeating Mikey Burnett via split decision at “UFC 17.5.” He successfully defended his belt four times before losing it via submission to Carlos Newtown at “UFC 31” on May 4, 2001. (b)
- On March 22, 2002, he was knocked out by Matt Lindland at “UFC 36,” which marked his final UFC bout. (b)
- He played Rojas in “Bobby Z,” which was released in Italy on April 20, 2007 and in the U.S. on September 4, 2007. The action thriller film starred Paul Walker, Laurence Fishburne and Olivia Wilde. (c)
- On December 11, 2008, he knocked out Thomas Denny at “AMMA 2,” which was his final professional MMA bout. (b)
- On September 8, 2018, Bettendorf Police Department officers arrested him in Bettendorf, Iowa and charged him with operating while intoxicated. He pleaded guilty on March 20, 2019 and was given one-year unsupervised probation, which was discharged in July 2019. (d)
- At 12:30 a.m. on June 29, 2020, Moline Police Department officers pulled him over in the 4300 block of River Drive in Moline, Illinois, USA and arrested him. At 2:00 a.m. that day, he was booked into the Rock Island County Jail in Rock Island, Illinois and was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. (d)
- On January 6, 2021, he participated in the U.S. Capitol riot in Washington, D.C., USA. (e)
- He was supposed to serve as a color commentator at the Legacy Fighting Alliance event “LFA 97” on January 15, 2021 in Park City, Kansas, USA but on January 12, 2021, the LFA cut ties with him. (e)