William D. Merry Jr. is a white man from Missouri, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He lives in Saint Louis County, Missouri. (a)
- He is retired. (b)
- He is the uncle of Emily E. Hernandez of Sullivan, Missouri. (a)
- He and Hernandez went to the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on January 6, 2021. That day, Donald Trump supporters breached the building while a joint session of Congress was certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden‘s victory in the 2020 presidential election. Wearing a hat with the words “Trump 2020,” he and Hernandez were photographed holding a piece of the nameplate that had been taken from the doorway of Nancy Pelosi’s office during the riot. (a)
- His friend Paul Scott Westover of Chantilly Court, Lake Saint Louis, Missouri was arrested on February 4, 2021 for entering the U.S. Capitol building on January 6, 2021. (b)
- On February 4, 2021, he was arrested after police searched his home. (a)
- On February 5, 2021, he was released from jail on his own recognizance. U.S. Magistrate Judge Nannette A. Baker prohibited him from travelling outside Missouri without permission, possessing guns and contacting witnesses or victims in the case related to the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021. (b)
- For his participation in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, he was charged with theft of government property, knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building, disorderly conduct impeding the conduct of government business and disruptive conduct in the U.S. Capitol buildings. (a)
- He and Hernandez are represented by Ethan Corlija. He believes he had a right to attend a rally and voice his political beliefs but he does condone violence, property destruction and insurrection of the government, according to Corlija. (a)
- He was 62 when he was arrested on February 4, 2021. (a)
(This is a developing story. More details are being added.)
If you have information about someone who participated in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, call 1-800-CALL-FBI. You may also submit relevant photos and videos to the FBI.
Categories: advocacy, biographical data, crimes, LISTS, North America, politics, Social Issues, United States
It seems William and Emily my half brother and niece were the only ones with the sign no others were seen with it. I can’t believed that they got pushed in the building that far.They both had smiles on their faces not only doing destruction to the capital they had no fear about COVID. They need to be punished for this act if she is the girl next store
I would be affair. He’s 62 and is old enough to know better.six people lost there life 140 peace officers were hurt they committed a crime and during the crime death occurred.