Named after King George II of Great Britain, Georgia is the 24th largest state in the United States by area. it is bordered to the north by Tennessee and North Carolina, to the northeast by South Carolina, to the southeast by the Atlantic Ocean, to the south by Florida and to the west by Alabama.
Georgia is home to some of the Donald Trump supporters who breached the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on January 6, 2021. They disrupted a joint session of Congress certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election.
One U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) officer named Brian D. Sicknick died because of the riot. Here is the list of individuals from Georgia who are accused of participating in the riot:
NOTE: Everyone in this growing list is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Benjamin Henry Torre, 23, of Dawsonville, Dawson County, Georgia
- Bruno Joseph Cua, 18, of Milton, Fulton County, Georgia
- Christopher Stanton Georgia, 53, of Alpharetta, Georgia (+)
- Cleveland Glover Meredith of Hiawassee, Georgia
- Dominic Box of Georgia
- Grant McHoyt Moore of Bufford, Georgia
- Lisa Marie Gavelek Eisenhart, 56, of Woodstock, Georgia
- Michael Shane Daughtry of Georgia
- Verden Andrew Nalley, 49, of Buford, Gwinnett County, Georgia
- William McCall Calhoun Jr. of Americus, Georgia
- Rosanne Marie Boyland, 34, of Kennesaw, Georgia (+)