Faryha Salim is a resident of California, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lives in Mission Viejo, Orange County, California. (a) (b)
- Aside from Mission Viejo, she has lived in other parts of California including Laguna Woods, Lake Forest and Whittier. (c)
- In 2004, she graduated from California State University, Fullerton (Cal State Fullerton) in Fullerton, Orange County with a bachelor’s degree in speech communication. (a)
- In 2009, she earned her master’s degree in speech communication from Cal State Fullerton. (a)
- She was a teacher at Cerritos College in Norwalk, Los Angeles County, California. Hired as needed, she received a total of $9,445.72 pay and benefits in 2012. It increased to $4,448.93 in 2013, $13,801.00 in 2015, $26,520.00 in 2016, $19,873.00 in 2018, $26,480.00 in 2019. (d)
- On August 15, 2013, Cal State Fullerton took to Twitter to announced that she would be in Bahrain as a Fulbright Scholar from September 2013 to September 2014. (e)
- She was an instructor at Rancho Santiago Community College District in Santa Ana, Orange County. She received a total of $6,791.00 pay and benefits in 2015, $19,387.00 in 2016, $23,209.00 in 2017, $32,207.00 in 2018, $35,243.00 in 2019. (d)
- She was a fine arts teacher at El Camino College in Torrance, Los Angeles County. She received a total of $21,671.00 pay and benefits in 2016, $39,228.36 in 2017, $30,919.74 in 2018. (d)
- As a lecturer at Cal State Fullerton, she received a total of $9,105.21 pay and benefits in 2019. In the same year, she taught at Long Beach City College and received a total of $2,951.00 pay and benefits and was as an adjunct faculty member at Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, Los Angeles County where she received a total of $11,140.00 pay and benefits. (d)
- In Spring 2021, she was an adjunct professor at Cypress College in Cypress, Orange County where she taught human communication. One of her students was Braden Ellis of Cypress. (f) (g)
- On April 28, 2021, she listened via Zoom to Ellis’s presentation on cancel culture and police on a verbal communications class, her first course as an adjunct professor at Cypress College. She repeatedly interrupted the student who believed that police are heroes, which she strongly disagreed with. (f) (g) (h)
- She was on leave after the video of her Zoom argument with Ellis on April 28, 2021 went viral. She was not expected to return to Cypress College in Fall 2021. On April 30, 2021, school officials announced that she will be absent from her position for the duration of her assignment at the school. (g) (h)
- She was 40 years old when Ellis became her student at Cypress College in 2021. Ellis was 19. (b) (h)
(This is a developing story. More details are being added.)
- a. Cal State Fullerton
- b. Clustrmaps
- c. Whitepages
- d. Transparent California
- e. Cal State Fullerton
- f. Coursicle
- g. KTLA
- h. Los Angeles Daily News
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, Social Issues, United States
How is everybody getting the recording from the zoom class meeting? KTLA-5 won’t say how they obtained it. The Families Educational Rights and Privacy Act prohibits recording of classrooms. Zoom meetings are telecommunications like telephone calls. If that law weren’t enough, California is an all-party consent state. All parties must consent to the recording of telephone calls. I would imagine this goes for zoom calls, too. And, yet, the video is all over the place. KTLA-5’s only comment was it was given to them when asked if they knew it was illegal to record Zoom meetings. Cypress College didn’t seem to be too aware, either.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Calls are typically recorded for students who aren’t able to attend or so those who did attend can review what was discussed after the call. Calm down, no conspiracy here.
Any learning institution that is taxpayer funded in any form should be required by law to post live and recorded video of all class meetings so that parents and taxpayers have the unfiltered opportunity to see exactly what is being taught to their children or with their tax dollars. Our right to know easily supersedes the right to privacy, especially that of the teacher or instructor.
They got the video from the teachers own video archive which she makes available to everyone. SHE recorded it and students sign a waiver of acknowledgement and permission. Nothing illegal or manipulated. As far as Cypress College not being aware. They have a policy of not I terferring with an instructors syllabus or personal policy.
How can Farhya Salim’s home address be exposed here for people to confront her for her hatred of a country that saved her from her 3rd world shithole country?
So you want her information so you can persecute her because you don’t like her beliefs? Good god. Meet the new country, same as the old country!
How can Farhya Salim’s home address be exposed here for people to confront her for her hatred of a country that saved her from her 3rd world sh*thole country?
She should go find a new country to settle in. Obviously she hates America and wants to bring in her sharia law. Word of advice bitch, go to another developed country with your ideologies and try that sh*t over there since you’re so oppressed here.
-Said by a “minority”
Do you think for a Minute she expressed this rage against this nation when applying for asylum from Egypt?? This trash mouth talking cunt deserves to be deported bc she’s proven to be an enemy of the United states, not someone whose encouraging civil dialogue.. Bitch deserves to be hunted down and ????.
That’s the way to promote free speech and civil society!
She is typical Islamic moron! And she is a communications instructor? She needs to learn to LISTEN as well! Bravo, Braden!