Viivi Altonen is a Finnish beauty queen, model and scuba diving instructor. Before turning 25, she has lived in four countries namely Finland, India, Mozambique and Switzerland and has traveled to more than 30 countries.
Altonen is fluent in Finnish and English. She also speaks basic Swedish and German.
While in Mozambique, Altonen had an encounter with a shark. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is 5’9″ tall.
- From 2011 to 2015, she attended Sammon Keskuslukio High School in Tampere, Finland.
- From February 2013 to February 2015,she worked as an exhibition assistant at Tomexpo AG in Wiedlisbach, Switzerland.
- On January 31, 2015, she represented Finland in Supermodel International 2014 at the Hilton Convention Center of Grand Hilton Seoul in Seoul, South Korea. She was third runner-up.
- From September 2015 to February 2016, she was a divemaster at PADI in Praia da Tofo, Mozambique.
- From July 2016 to October 2016, she worked as a model at Fashion TV Talent House in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- She worked at H&M in Tampere as a sales advisor from April 2017 to October 2017 and as a sales advisor from October 2017 to September 2020.
- While in India, she took part in a Bollywood film and was treated like a movie star. Titled “Bhaiaji Superhit,” the film was released on November 23, 2018.
- In September 2019, she enrolled at Tampere University to pursue a bachelor’s degree in social psychology and anthropology.
- In November 2019, she became a BIBA Model Management model in Zurich, Switzerland.
- On December 6, 2019, she represented Finland in Miss Supranational 2019 at International Congress Centre in Katowice, Poland. She won the Miss Photogenic award but was unplaced.
- On September 19, 2020, she was crowned Miss Suomi 2020, making her the official candidate of Finland in Miss Universe 2020.
- She was 24 years old when she represented Finland in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States on May 16, 2021. She was unplaced.