Paul Lindsey Craig is a Scottish professional mixed martial artist whose fight name is Bearjew. He stands 6’31⁄2“, weighs 206 lbs. and competes in the light heavyweight division.
As a professional MMA fighter, Craig was undefeated from 2013 to 2016. He is a brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Born and raised in Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, Craig is Sharon Craig‘s son. Paul has two daughters namely Millie Craig and Maia Craig.
Craig was 28 years old when he joined the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 2016. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He attended Caldervale High School in Airdrie.
- He is a teacher for an educational charity.
- He played football and worked as a football coach before pursuing an MMA career.
- As an amateur MMA fighter, he submitted Gary Sivills of England at “Total Combat 48” on July 21, 2012, Paul Bradshaw of England at “MMA Total combat 50” on October 6, 2012 and Jett Metcalfe of England at “Supremacy Fight Challege 8” on November 11, 2012.
- On August 24, 2013, he made his professional MMA debut at “First Fighting Championship 3: Prepare For Glory” in Hamilton, Scotland where he submitted Brad Conway of England.
- He submitted Antonio Braga of Germany at “Underdog Xtreme Championships 2” in Belfast, Northern Ireland on March 1, 2014, submitted Jon Ferguson of England at “Full Contact Contender 10” in Bolton, England on June 21, 2014 and knocked out Dan Konecke of England at “First Fighting Championship: Resurgence” in Hamilton on September 13, 2014.
- He submitted Andrzej Bachorz of Poland at “FightStar Championship 5” in Coventry, England on April 11, 2015, Adam Wright of England at “Animalistic MMA: Rise of the Alpha” in Preston, England on June 20, 2015, Karl Moore of Northern ireland at “BAMMA 22” in Dublin, Ireland on September 19, 2015 and Marcin Łazarz of Poland at ‘BAMMA 23″ in London, England on November 14, 2015.
- On December 17, 2016, he made his UFC debut at “UFC on Fox 22” in Sacramento, California, United States where he submitted Henrique da Silva of Brazil.
- He was knocked out by Tyson Pedro of Australia at “UFC 209” in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA on March 4, 2017 and by Khalil Rountree Jr. of the U.S. at “UFC Fight Night 113” in Glasgow, Scotland on July 16, 2017, which marked his first two professional MMA losses.
- On March 17, 2018, he submitted Magomed Ankalaev of Russia at “UFC Fight Night 127” in London. On December 2, 2018, Jimmy Crute of Australia submitted him at “UFC Fight Night 142” in Adelaide, Australia.
- On March 30, 2019, he submitted Kennedy Nzechukwu of the U.S. at “UFC on ESPN 2” in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. On June 29, 2019, Alonzo Menifield of the U.S. knocked him out at “UFC on ESPN 3” in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. On September 21, 2019, he submitted Vinicius Moreira of Brazil at “UFC Fight Night 159” in Mexico City, Mexico. His “UFC Fight Night 164” match with Mauricio Rua of Brazil in Sao Paulo, Brazil on November 16, 2019 ended in a split draw.
- On July 26, 2020, he submitted Gadzhimurad Antigulov of Russia at “UFC on ESPN 14” in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. When he and Rua had their rematch at “UFC 255” in Las Vegas, he won via technical knockout.
- On June 12, 2021, he submitted Jamahal Hill of the U.S. at “UFC 263” in Glendale, Arizona, USA.