With an AR-15, Ronald Anthony Troyke, 59, fatally shot Arvada Police Department officer Gordon David Beesley, 51, at the Olde Town Arvada Square in Arvada, Colorado, United States on June 21, 2021. John Hurley, 40, of Golden, Colorado intervened and fatally shot Troyke.
Before Troyke’s death, he left a four-page note expressing his hatred towards police. Here are some excerpts from the note.
- “My goal today is to kill Arvada PD officers.”
- “We the people were never your enemy but we are now.”
- “This is what you get, you are the people who are expendable.”
- “Hundreds of you pigs should be killed daily.”
- “Today I will kill as many Arvada officers as I possibly can.”
- “I just hope I don’t die without killing any of you pigs.”
Earlier that day, Troyke’s brother called police to inform them he was going to “do something crazy.” Beesley and another Arvada Police Department officer went to Troyke’s apartment on Allison Street in Arvada but no one was home.
“I’m not saying anything right now,” Troyke’s brother Peter Troyke told CPR News on June 22, 2021. “We’re grieving.”
It has yet to be confirmed whether or not Peter was the brother who called police on June 21, 2021. The shooting at the Olde Town Arvada Square that day is shown at the end of this video: