Svetlana Mamaeva is a beauty queen from Canada. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She lives in Maple, Ontario, Canada.
- She was born and raised in Moldova.
- She has four siblings.
- She speaks English, Russian and Romanian.
- From Moldova, she moved to Canada with her grandparents. She attended the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto, Ontario and graduated in 2018 with an honours degree in finance. After her graduation, she completed a graduate certificate program in business communications offered by Harvard Extension School, the extension school of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.
- She is 5’11” tall.
- In 2017, she started being involved with the Canadian Cancer Society.
- On August 17, 2019, she represented Central Ontario in Miss Universe Canada 2019 in Toronto. As fourth runner-up, she was crowned Miss Tourism World Canada 2019.
- On October 6, 2019, she represented Canada in Miss Tourism World 2019 in Qingdao, Shandong, China. She was runner-up to Michelle Hewitt Zapata of Mexico.
- Amid the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in 2020, she created a free financial literacy program called FinPowered. On July 3, 2021, she took to Instagram to thank Kerby Center for supporting FinPowered and giving her the opportunity to run free financial education workshops.
- On October 24, 2020, she represented Maple in Miss Universe Canada 2020 in Toronto. She won the Humanitarian Award and finished third runner-up.
- On November 7, 2020, she was crowned Miss World Canada 2020. She was 21 years old when she won the title.
- If she wins Miss World 2021 at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan, Puerto Rico on December 16, 2021, she will be the first ever Miss World from Canada.