Cynthia Linnet Lau is a beauty queen, actress and model of Chinese, Spanish and Cuban descent. She is a cancer survivor and an advocate for cancer research.
Aside from acting, modelling and competing in beauty pageants, Lau also enjoys dancing and playing the piano. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Holguin, Cuba. She speaks English, Spanish, Mandarin and French.
- She is 5’6″ tall.
- In 2001, she and her family moved from Cuba to the United States. She lives in Miami, Florida, USA.
- In 2009, she was diagnosed with a gastrointestinal tumor. In August 2009, she started volunteering as a Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida speaker.
- In 2010, she started playing the piano.
- On May 5, 2014, she registered to vote in Miami-Date County, Florida. She is a Democrat. From 2014 to 2018, she attended Florida International University in Miami where she earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology.
- In January 2016, she started serving as an American Cancer Society volunteer. On November 19, 2016, she represented Cuba in Miss Queen of the Continents International 2016 in Dominican Republic and was unplaced.
- From June 2017 to July 2018, she was a PhysAssist Scribes medical scribe at the Memorial Pembroke Pines Hospital in Pembroke Pines, Florida.
- From August 2017 to December 2017, she was an intern at The American Cancer Society: Cancer Action Network in Florida.
- From January 2018 to April 2018, she was an intern at Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida. In August 2018, she started serving as the Premium Estates Realty Corp. director of business development in Florida.
- On January 26, 2019, she represented Cuba at Miss Intercontinental 2018 in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines and was unplaced.
- From 2019 to 2021, she attended Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida where she earned her master’s degree in business administration and interdisciplinary studies.
- She was 25 years old when she was appointed as Miss Earth Cuba 2021. She was crowned by Miss Earth Cuba 2007 Ariana Barouk at Cuba Ocho Little Havana in Miami on June 27, 2021. She is the fifth woman to represent Cuba at Miss Earth and will be the international beauty pageant’s first titleholder from the country if she wins Miss Earth 2021.